Railway Preservation News

Water fill Valves (pass cars)
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Ryan Scott [ Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Water fill Valves (pass cars)

I am looking for info/parts for the water fill valves common on passenger cars. I have a marking of WR82 on the housing. They are a combination of a fill valve with an integrated air valves. Any info would be appreciated.

Ryan Scott
rscott at gsmr.com

Author:  Topfuel [ Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Water fill Valves (pass cars)

Those were and still are made by WABCO. However, they are quite expensive to order new. You're better off getting them from other cars or from people that stock parts for these old cars. Generally these valves are pretty durable and can be reconditioned fairly easily. The rubber gaskets are still available as well but are not expensive.

Author:  pghairbrak [ Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Water fill Valves (pass cars)

Pittsburgh Air Brake Co., Inc. can supply you with rebuild valves and parts.

phone number 412-278-3600 Bill or Mike

If you do not have valves or mounting hardware sometimes we have them in stock for outright sale.

Bill jubeck

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group