Railway Preservation News

Looking for Tapered Cast Washers
Page 1 of 1

Author:  oermsam [ Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Looking for Tapered Cast Washers

Looking for a supplier or borrow a pattern for the old style thrust washers. For example a 1/2" id washer would be 1" on "top" surface and taper to 2+" on the bottom, and would be about 1/2" thick. The were used everywhere. However, can not find a supplier for anything like these. Thanks

Author:  John Redden [ Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for Tapered Cast Washers

A friend passed along this information, on your request.

McMaster-Carr carries the type of washer that you describe.

Their online catalog is at http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for "Western Washers".

I tried to paste some images in this post, but could not get it to work properly.


John Redden
R&GV RR Museum

Author:  oermsam [ Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Looking for Tapered Cast Washers

I actually found the thing when I got the right name. They are OGEE washers and I found a place that still casts them and has them in stock up to 1.5 inch ID. The company is Lawler Manufacturing in Alabama, and they’re on the Web.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group