|Railway Preservation News
|Entry Level Civil/Mechanical Engineer
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||atsfm177 [ Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:05 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Entry Level Civil/Mechanical Engineer|
NAVFAC Engineering Service Center
Port Hueneme, CA 93043
Shore Facilities Department
Entry-level position description
Entry Level Civil/Mechanical Engineer
Facilities Systems Division, ESC64
GS-7/9/11/12. Starting level depends on education and experience.
The person in the position will provide railroad and crane track services and conduct track audits through work in support of the Navy's lead technical expert in crane and railroad track. Work will require the individual to carry out assignments such as:
• Inspection, certification and audit of crane and railroad track practices at Navy bases around the world.
• Stay abreast of and evaluate developments in track by the study of pertinent literature, contact with manufacturers, and review of test and research reports generated by the Federal Railroad Administration, American Railway Engineering Association, and others.
• Disseminate information to field personnel by personal contact, written memoranda, reports, technical papers, meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Support the track lead in development and management of the track program. Developing training and workshops to assure that the most up-to-date information and techniques are disseminated to personnel responsible for dealing with the Navy's crane and railroad track.
The person in this position will typically advance to a GS-12 in 2 to 2 ½ years.. Up to 35% travel is required. This job may be filled as an intern position. If so, the position will be a three-year internship that culminates in a team leadership position, and sets the foundation for subsequent positions in project engineering and program management within the organization.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance at the SECRET (possibly higher depending on position requirements) level is required
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group