|Railway Preservation News
|Maintenance Technician position - Loop Trolley, St. Louis MO
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||LoopTrolleySTL [ Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:26 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Maintenance Technician position - Loop Trolley, St. Louis MO|
The Loop Trolley Company in St. Louis, MO is looking for a qualified Maintenance Technician (full-time) to join our team. Please review the complete job description below or visit our website: http://www.looptrolley.com/job-opportunities/. Directions on How To Apply are at the bottom of the job description.
Maintenance Technician -- Loop Trolley Company, St. Louis, MO
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of streetcars/trolleys in accordance with all applicable standards and guidelines.
This is a full-time position. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibility
• Performs inspections, testing and maintenance.
• Responsible for mechanical repairs to drive system, wheels/wheel sets (trucks), suspension and other components of the propulsion system.
• Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
• Calibrates pressure switches and valves.
• Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
• Utilizes a variety of test equipment, PC and graphic information to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and qualify components and circuits to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
• Repairs and/or replaces doors, electronics, signs, pantographs and HVAC systems.
• Installs components such as motors, switches, relays, batteries and transformers.
• Performs approved electrical modifications and repairs or replaces components, as necessary.
• Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics
• Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards.
• Demonstrated computer skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently
• Ability to troubleshoot using schematics and electrical test equipment
• Ability to train others in attaining acceptable skill levels in inspections and repairs.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED. Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement or rebuilding mechanical equipment and systems. Experience in electrical repairs, and testing advanced electrical/electronic systems and reading, drafting and interpreting circuit diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings. Experience in both A/C and D/C electrical systems. Prefer welding and cutting experience. Experience in the maintenance of railroad or rail transit equipment preferred.
Ability to speak, read, and write English in a work setting. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possession of a valid Class B CDL license with Pass Endorsement, including Air Brake Test Pass Endorsement and any other certificates, licenses and registrations as required by law to perform the specified functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The job requires lifting of 20lbs to 50lbs.
Required to wear safety apparel and equipment when necessary. Shop, field, train or yard locations with moderate to high noise level, lighting of various degrees, floors of carpet/metal and various heat/cold conditions and inclement weather. Will frequently be required to bend, stoop, stand and climb in performing daily tasks and activities. Must have visual acuity and hearing capability to perform the essential functions of the job unless other vision or hearing standards are required by law. Must have ability to distinguish and separate sounds around machinery and tools.
Must be able to work safely around loose materials, uneven surfaces and metal plates and equipment. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull loads in accordance with all applicable safety rules.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume and up to three references to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line “Maintenance Technician”.
Loop Trolley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group