|Railway Preservation News
|Fireman / Conductor / Mechanic - Texas State Railroad
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||gregudolph [ Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:54 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Fireman / Conductor / Mechanic - Texas State Railroad|
CONDUCTOR / FIREMAN / MECHANIC
Texas & Eastern Railroad - Texas State Railroad
Location: Rusk, TX
Status: Full Time
The Texas & Eastern Railroad is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Western Group and the operator of the Texas State Railroad. The TESR operates 30 miles of railroad between Palestine, TX and Rusk, TX.
This position is for a Conductor / Fireman / Mechanic. The positions main responsibilities will focus on conductor duties required for both the freight and passenger trains, firing and maintaining the TSRR’s fleet of steam locomotives, and the repair and rebuilding of steam locomotives, diesel locomotives and our fleet of vintage passenger cars. This is a hands-on position that will allow a self-starting candidate to thrive.
• Must have a working knowledge of train operations, current 49CFR242 qualifications preferred.
• Must be able to think quickly on the job and safely perform the duties assigned.
• Must have an understanding of air brake and mechanical system of a train and locomotives and pass a written test to verify competency.
• Inspect, service, and maintain daily tourist operations to ensure a successful trip.
• Fire locomotives and utilize proper practices in their operation.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with team members, customers, and management
• Collaborate with other members of team to ensure an efficient operation
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment and repair.
• Must be able to work any day of week depending on workload and requirements.
• Must be able to climb ladders, use hand tools, operate a locomotive, and worked in confined spaces such as inspections pits, generator rooms, and electrical cabinets.
• Must also be committed to promoting a safe workplace.
• Must be able to lift at least 75 pounds.
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat.
• Must be able to climb inside and outside of equipment, and be able to operate heavy equipment, cranes, forklifts, jacking equipment and specialty equipment.
• GCOR Qualified
• 49CFR242 Conductor Qualification
• Previous steam locomotive experience
• Positive attitude
• Applicant must be currently authorized to work permanently in the United States
• Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
The most qualified candidates will be selected from the available pool of applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. The selection criteria will be job-related skills and attributes as outlined above. Successful candidates must have a stable work record and exhibit safe work practices. The ability to work in a team environment with a focus on customer service is critical. Applicants must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills. Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and complete a medical questionnaire. Every employee is an at-will employee. All employees are expected to know and abide by standard code of Employee Conduct.
Due to the safety sensitivity and physical nature of positions in the railroad industry, successful applicants need to be at least 18 years of age and may need to be able to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk considerable distance on uneven surfaces, bend and or twist at odd angles, lift heavy objects up to 75 lbs. during a shift, and work in outdoor elements such as heat, rain, snow, wind, and dust.
Company provided benefits: participation in the Railroad Retirement Program, company-paid medical insurance and life insurance for employee. Dependent medical and family dental and vision provided at cost for employees, paid vacation, 401(k) Program, and 9 paid holidays.
All jobs will be posted on location at the workplace of TESR at 535 Park Road 76, Rusk, TX 75785 and information can be obtained by calling Greg Udolph at 419-606-6532 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested individuals should submit resumes or a company application for employment. Applications can be obtained by contacting Greg Udolph at the phone number of email address above.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group