|Railway Preservation News
|More Pass/Frt Rolling Stock Available at Royal Gorge, Co.
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:19 pm ]|
|Post subject:||More Pass/Frt Rolling Stock Available at Royal Gorge, Co.|
Reposting this from a Facebook post this morning by Wasatch Railroad Contractors; there was a former Southern Pacific NW2 at this site successfully claimed from an earlier post, so I'm happy to repost this here, with additional notes by me:
WRC, in participation with the Royal Gorge Route Railroad in Canon City, Colorado, has a number of items that need to find new homes. Items include older (60s-70s) rolling stock and:
• One (1) 50 ft. double-door box car, DRGW 63376
• One (1) 40 ft. wood-deck flat car, CRRX 5046
• One (1) baggage car [SP "Econo-Bag," 2010 photo at http://kantrak1.rrpicturearchives.net/s ... id=2179496 ]
• Two (2) bi-level commuter coaches [ex-Chicago Metra, nee-C&NW]
• One (1) open air car - partially finished conversion project from a passenger car.
• One (1) full-dome car, former Southern Pacific [home-converted by SP 1954 from 1938 car using Budd kit, technically considered "3/4-Dome" car by purists--in very derelict condition]
If you are interested in any of the items shown, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT CONTACT THE ROYAL GORGE ROUTE RAILROAD DIRECTLY!
In order to acquire an item, please send us a formal purchase proposal for the item, as well as proof that you can move the item quickly off the property. Purchased items must be removed within 30 days. All reasonable offers will be reviewed and considered. Some of the items may become railroad-worthy and capable of railroad interchange. Others may need to be trucked or loaded on flat cars for transport. Acquiring organizations can work on the RGR property as long as they have proof of insurance and list RGR as additional insured.
Items not purchased may end up being scrapped on location. Contact WRC today!
The Facebook post in question, which includes photos of all but the open-air conversion car:
https://www.facebook.com/Wasatch.RR.Con ... 6420416799
All appear to have roller bearings.
|Author:||hi-plains [ Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:59 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: More Pass/Frt Rolling Stock Available at Royal Gorge, Co|
Curious--what was the source material of the open-air car project?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group