It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Audio-frequency signal equipment for trade
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:21 pm 

The Branford Electric Railway (Shore Line Trolley Museum) in Connecticut has some surplus "modern" signal equipment for available for trade. Make me an offer! We'd prefer other signal equipment or supplies such as bulbs, lenses, terminal strips, relays, etc. If you are interested in this stuff let's chat. I'd like to see it go to a good home. Was acquired decades ago with good intentions but we no longer have any plans to use any of it.

First up, US&S AFO-II audio frequency track circuit transmitters and receivers. We have several frequencies available. Below is a sample receiver:
Attachment:
berasig6239.jpg
berasig6239.jpg [ 64.22 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

I can give you complete service manuals for these US&S units too.

Next, we have a few HARMON AFTAC units. These were also used for highway crossing overlays. Here is a 111B transmitter unit:
Attachment:
berasig6240.jpg
berasig6240.jpg [ 77.33 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

and here is the inside of said unit:
Attachment:
berasig6241.jpg
berasig6241.jpg [ 121.05 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

I'm pretty sure we have the matching receiver unit, I just have to locate it. Also, a model 110 transmitter/receiver pair. This was used for the "island" circuit:
Attachment:
berasig6244.jpg
berasig6244.jpg [ 129.43 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

Attachment:
berasig6243.jpg
berasig6243.jpg [ 96.96 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

Here is something that I do not recognize. I believe it was some kind of FM modulated carrier code system used for multiplexing controls or indications from a remote tower:
Attachment:
berasig6242.jpg
berasig6242.jpg [ 97.99 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

Finally, we have a handful of these custom-built GRS carrier code units. They fit on the same sockets as GRS B-1 relays. I can tell you they were used on some part of the New Haven line but not too much more about them. If nobody wants these, we'll keep the guts as spare cases and plugboards for our GRS relays:
Attachment:
berasig6245.jpg
berasig6245.jpg [ 69.71 KiB | Viewed 4575 times ]

I know its a long shot but if any organizations out there have a need for this please get in touch with me. PM me here or reply inline, or send an email to the Shore Line Trolley Museum.

-Jeff H.
BERA/SLTM

P.S. We have some overstock on other items too, such as US&S PN-50 neutral relays.

Post subject: Re: Audio-frequency signal equipment for trade
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm 

We have grade crossings that have Harmon AFTAC and PMD1 controls. Do you have any documentation for those units? May need spare parts for them.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Audio-frequency signal equipment for trade
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:06 am 

Carbonburner wrote:
We have grade crossings that have Harmon AFTAC and PMD1 controls. Do you have any documentation for those units? May need spare parts for them.
Thanks

I'm afraid we don't have any paper on these units. The model numbers are shown in the original post. If you have a list of circuit board numbers, I can check to see if those cards are in the units.