It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diesel Service/Parts Manuals
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:26 pm 

I am clearing out some loose items that I have here from a good friend:

1. General Motors Diesel Locomotive Training Center, no date, but appears to the the late 1940's. This must have been given to men sent to La Grange to learn about diesel operation and maintenance. It is about 1" thick, the front and back covers are in very rough shape and someone has written notes on the blank back pages of the book. Book is loaded with data on parts and how to care for the early diesel locomotives. The price is $15 plus shipping.

2. Alco Locomotive Maintenance Manual for Road Engines with the Model 244 Engine. This is TP-503, 2nd edition. This has 1106 pages, the front cover is there but off the binding. All pages are intact and loaded with data for the repair and maintenance of the 244. The inside are has photos of the FA, PA, RS-3, and 2400 HP road switcher. - Price is $15 plus shipping.

3. General Motors Master Parts Catalog #90 from July 1961. This binder is about 2" thick and loaded with parts data. The front and back covers are in used worn condition and the pages are complete but faded. A good source for someone looking for parts for a restoration project - Price is $15 plus shipping.

I plan to take some photos of these books as I would like to see them get to a good home to be used. The shipping will most likely be more than the cost of the manual. Please send me an email if interested - rjmuldowney@comcast.net.