|Railway Preservation News
|Job Announcement - Supt of Transportation, Skunk Train
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||rjpinoli [ Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:29 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Job Announcement - Supt of Transportation, Skunk Train|
Superintendent of Transportation
Fort Bragg, California
The world-famous Skunk Train is a standard gage passenger railroad that was founded in 1885, and operates 40 miles between Fort Bragg and Willits, in Mendocino County, California.
The ideal candidate for Superintendent of Transportation will be someone who can effectively lead multiple departments and can communicate in an articulate manner across a variety of platforms.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise and manage a variety of department heads and departments.
• Contribute to the growth of business by actively participating.
• Manage operational testing programs, including efficiency testing by observing, documenting and evaluating safe work practices per GCOR (General Code of Operating Rules), FRA, TSA, and CPUC regulations along with company policies and procedures.
• Manage crew scheduling, crew size and overtime in a cost-effective manner.
• Interview job candidates and makes recommendations on hiring, performance and appropriate discipline of staff.
• Conduct training of employees on safety, operations, and other company policies and procedures according to federal regulations and company policies; Administrative duties in support of the operation.
• Responsible for guest / passenger interface and monitoring the quality of the service.
• Assume a leadership role in supervising crews, schedules, personnel, and maintain payroll within the targeted budget.
• Serve as a first responder to critical incidents on the property. Conduct incident investigations and prepares associated reports-derailments, personal injury, etc.
• Serve as an Engineer or Conductor as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Certified Conductor and Engineer.
• 5+ years of experience on a railroad is preferred.
• 3 years of management experience.
• Microsoft Office skills.
• Must be able to read and comprehend written safety rules, procedure and safety manuals, government regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, memos and other work-related information.
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Must be able to pass training and required testing.
• Ability to think and act quickly in responding to a variety of situations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to handle medium to heavy work; lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 80 pounds on a rare basis.
• Must be able to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/crawl/balance/climb and work in confined areas
• Pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check required prior to hiring.
• Employment will be full-time (40 hours per week)
Employment includes excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% company paid for employee-only coverage), 401(k) retirement, paid holidays and paid time off.
• $20 to $30 per hour, DOE.
• APPLICATIONS REQUEST OR RESUMES SEND TO email@example.com
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group