It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Date Nail Info
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 pm 

So I have worked for a short line railroad for about 10 years now and have recently transferred to another site and started to hear about date nails. So with whatever time I could spare I started looking for these elusive little buggers.

The lines we run on were origionally owned and operated by the Santa Fe, so with some research I found the information I needed to start to complete a full set. While doing more research lately looking for old abandoned lines where I could look for the oldest nails I don't yet have, I found that in the areas I run there are some old MoPac lines as well.

So here I am, with another set I want to start hunting for. For the life of me I can't find any information on what years the MoPac used date nails, just more people making threads asking the same. So while on my internet search i found my way here hoping that someone could quench my curiosity before I start my hunt. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. If anyone wants any information on Santa Fe nails let me know, I have become quite familiar with them.