It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do Not Wash Your Denim Jeans
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:32 pm 

The CEO of Levi says do not wash your jeans. Most of us do not wear denim for fashion but wear them to work for the durability and comfort.

These jeans are maybe a year old and these have yet to see a washing machine,” the CEO of Levi Strauss & Co., Chip Bergh, said Tuesday,

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2 ... our-jeans/

Occasionally spray it with Vodka, kills the bacteria. I thinks that's what Polish Train crews do. Or maybe if you sweat enough vodka, that kills that bacteria.

So ho and how often do you wash your denim?

Post subject: Re: Do Not Wash Your Denim Jeans
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:23 pm 

I can't even imagine. Pretty sure they don't know many farmers.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:43 pm 

Who can afford Levis? I wear black Rustlers which don't show the dirt between washings, and at the $10 price if they only last a couple years who cares? I think of them as the Harbor Freight version of work pants. Mine smell pretty bad after a few days, but it helps me avoid dealing with a lot of people.

dave

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:48 pm 

Dave wrote:
Who can afford Levis? I wear black Rustlers which don't show the dirt between washings, and at the $10 price if they only last a couple years who cares? I think of them as the Harbor Freight version of work pants. Mine smell pretty bad after a few days, but it helps me avoid dealing with a lot of people.

dave

This is a post worth casting in bronze for all to see, I have always been a fan of the unvarnished truth. :-)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:35 am 

ok, rip them up a little, use a rough polish paper and scrape some material off revealing the white un-colored threads and you have a winner, and don't forget the vodka.
Smells better than a farmer...

...fashion...

just let that steam smoke permeate thru them then maybe you'll be in the groove...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:42 am 

If you don't wash them can they stand up and walk around by/ for themselves? Then why do they have a care tag in them which states Machine wash Warm or machine wash cold?

Mr. Starr

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:16 pm 

This is one of the more entertaining threads around, even if it is not serious at all!!

While on the subject of clothes that don't show dirt, what about the dark blue suit that was called the "thousand miler," supposedly good for 1,000 miles between launderings? I believe the material was blue serge; does anybody still make that or the suits?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:54 pm 

Not exactly flanged wheel & steel rail, but a close cousin; Navy diesel submariners, especially the enginemen, would wash out their dungarees with diesel fuel to keep them from getting too crusty and stiff. Not so great when going ' commando ' in a 130 F engineroom between two 38 - 8 1/8 Fairbanks OP's or 16278A Jimmies making an end-around run chasing an enemy convoy plus charging batteries.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:40 pm 

On the aircraft carrier, I knew flight deck crew who didn't ever wash (well, actually a lot of guys didn't wash) their dungarees. After only a day or so on the deck during flight ops would allow them to stand on end. We photographers would go on deck with our nice blue clean dungarees so we stood out very much.

You knew when those guys sat beside you on the mess decks.

But damn, they busted their butts in some nasty, dirty and dangerous conditions. 12x7 for weeks at a time.

Bob