It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: B&LE 643 in the news
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 am 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the facts at issue add up to the VERY high probability that this engine will eventually get cut up in place.

And sadly that's "ratter" or not it pleases Steel City.

Sad but true. Ross Rowland

Last edited by co614 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 am 

The sad fact is that by letting the locomotive sit and deteriorate for the last thirty years, a lot of the money spent in the 80's will have been for naught, since the locomotive would need to be inspected and repaired before any operation would be possible anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 pm 

Steel City wrote:
And with the grace of God, he will have that chance very soon.

Quotes like this make me wonder if somebody knows something or if it's a comment form a foamer just hoping that something will happen soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:14 pm 

Emmo213 wrote:
Steel City wrote:
And with the grace of God, he will have that chance very soon.

Quotes like this make me wonder if somebody knows something or if it's a comment form a foamer just hoping that something will happen soon.

I'm extremely inclined to believe the latter - this isn't the first time something like this has been said (and gone nowhere)...

http://www.bigjimvideo.com/home.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjim4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:51 pm 

In looking at the Google Earth location of this locomotive, there is a third track that ends next to the building behind the engine. Would it be possible to connect a temporary track to it and run it alongside the locomotive? That way you could bring in the necessary flatcars, dismantle the engine and load the pieces onto the cars. Getting cranes in there might be problematical as the roads seem quite narrow and I don't know how heavy of a load they could support. Granted that this is all wishful thinking and would need cooperation from a railroad not noted for granting favors, but it might be an option should the opportunity arise.

P.S. In rereading the start of this thread, I see that Hot Metal posted the same idea on the second page. My apologies for the repetition.

Last edited by Charlie on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:56 pm 

Ugh this is starting to sound all too familiar.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:11 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Yo, Gardner, still got any popcorn left from two years ago? This is getting goooooood.....

Attachments:
popcorn&beer.gif
popcorn&beer.gif [ 7.3 KiB | Viewed 8478 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:41 pm 

Steel City wrote:
Alex, I bet you voted for Hillary.

And this sort of crap is another reason why this thread (and others) have been relegated to the "Railfanning" page...

http://www.bigjimvideo.com/home.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjim4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:31 pm 

"Steel City" Shaner infests another board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Steel City wrote:
Alex, I bet you voted for Hillary.

Attachment:
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif [ 49.55 KiB | Viewed 8779 times ]

Moderators, disregard what others on here would confirm counts as a personal attack on me. The guy's just......... so........... darned............ funny..........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:18 pm 

It all comes around again.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34512

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:41 am 

This post intentionally left blank

Last edited by Alexander D. Mitchell IV on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 am 

That's a valid point Mr. Mitchell. Perhaps one of them in the photo is the real Steel City???

You never know whose lurking behind these phony names ???

Doesn't change the sad facts of life surrounding this once proud machine and those are that she will almost certainly end up getting cut up where she is.

Sad but true. IMHO-Ross Rowland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:53 pm 

steel city that's harsh to Mr. Rowland remember this Ross Rowland is a legend he accomplished more in railroading than you ever did. what accomplishment did you ever did in the railroading world. you maybe part of a historical society good for you but that's nothing compared to Ross Rowland did. He help create the Pine Creek railroad and the Black River and Western tourist railroad. He created the High Iron company, Golden Spike Limited, AFT, SLCA, ACE, Iron Horse Enterprise. He also was responsible restoring 759 to service, saving 2100 and 2101 from scrap restoring 2101 to service, restoring 614 to service is what Mr. Rowland has done. What have you done smart ass? By the way you may have a point about Ross being banned from Jerry's property and what will happen to 614 after he dies. I may not know about everything this whole feud thing between you and Ross. I'm a 28 year old millennial and a fan of Ross Rowland if I was able to meet him that would be a highlight of my life and hearing all of his stories.

Steel City why don't you lay off of Ross Rowland he may have some failures like Green brier Express, Pacific Wilderness Railroad, and maybe the Yellow Ribbon Express in the past but who entrepreneur hasn't. Why don't you Steel City just shut up.

Ross Rowland I'm here for you man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:27 pm 

Thanks steamfan 765 for your kind support. Don't let the tiny percentage of our industry represented by the fringe characters like Steel City upset you. I learned eons ago to ignore them and actually to pray for them as there's obviously a gear missing.

Now I think more than ever that one of the guys in that picture is probably the real Steel City???

Time will tell. Best regards, Ross Rowland

P.S. Jerry Jacobson and I are close friends and I regularly visit with him at his beautiful new facility in Sugarcreek.
Also, I'm pleased to report that the 614 has a trust fund established for its long term care and feeding.
NJT and I are on excellent terms ( if I had owed them a lot of money would they have let me remove the 614 from their property? ) and I have been recently invited to do another Hoboken-Pt.Jervis program which we are considering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next