It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: steamtown reunion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:47 pm 

I read a tread about steam town and how for them to live up to its name and Ross Rowland said what steam town need is a visiting steam program to bring visiting steam to steam town. I was wondering how about a reunion of sorts like bringing former pieces of steam towns collection that are operating of course like C.P. 1293, 2816 C.N. 89 and non former pieces like R&N 425 PM 1225 NKP 765 CNJ 113 NYSW 142 and soon RDG 2100 & 2102. It's a thought the locomotives can make a long trip to and from Steamtown and bring more tourist to and from. I wonder the great Ross Rowland could be involve along with all the other locomotives owners. It would be nice to see so much steam in one spot and operating a rail fan dream am i right. It may never happen but it's nice to dream about it right.

like i said it's a thought

Post subject: Re: steamtown reunion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:15 pm 

Gotta find someone to pay for all that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:52 pm 

I keep waiting for CSRM in Sacramento to do a railfair, as well. Still kicking myself for not going to the one in 1999, I foolishly thought they'd have another one in a few years but never have...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:45 am 

425 was recently at Steamtown, maybe it was 2014? Andy vowed to return. That could open the door for 2102 as well. CNJ 113 is not that far away and has run at least one excursion in conjunction with 425 so who knows. 765 was granted permission to travel anywhere along the NS right of way in 2016, provided that they aren't pulling passengers; I don't know if its worth the trip but SNHS is not on the NS main, it's on a locally owned line...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:47 pm 

6-18003 wrote:
425 was recently at Steamtown, maybe it was 2014? Andy vowed to return. That could open the door for 2102 as well. CNJ 113 is not that far away and has run at least one excursion in conjunction with 425 so who knows. 765 was granted permission to travel anywhere along the NS right of way in 2016, provided that they aren't pulling passengers; I don't know if its worth the trip but SNHS is not on the NS main, it's on a locally owned line...

That vow might've been before the lawsuit between the R&N and DL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:31 pm 

425 also may not return because of all the bureaucratic red tape the R&N encountered including work rules and such. This has been discussed on other boards and other threads that the NPS by its very nature and the work rules that exist in and around it in Scranton do not make the place very user-friendly to outside operators.

Rob Gardner