It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Full Knee Replacements --- Any happy campers out there ?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:45 pm 

Knees are evidently replaceable hence this thread but where do you get Hamilton parts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 am 

You have to audition....... successfully.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:28 pm 

Thanks once more to everybody for taking the time to fuss over my knee...

Mr Freer, I can tell you that when it comes to kneecaps, "An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure"... Be careful, work smart, and hopefully you will never need special pants with knee pad pockets. And thanks for the suggestion.

Brother Davidson, I hope you're enjoying your retirement. I'm doing OK overall, but I know from working in job shop machine shops that devices like those composite kneecaps are designs that fail often and soon in service, and are a nuisance to fix. I'm always going to have to baby that thing and protect it religiously. Otherwise, I can pretty much get around, but my knee usually hurts, it's swollen and a bit stiff, and it sounds like my pockets are full of marbles when I walk. Oh yea, they gave me a big bottle of pain pills and a smaller one of muscle relaxers --- those stop most of the pain, but are bad for you, as everybody knows. (I still observe rule G even though I'm retired.)

Mr MacDowell & Mr Risley, I sure as Hell don't look like I work out, but my doctors said I was nonetheless very strong and thin, and had super high blood oxygen levels as if I were a conditioned athlete. My neurologist even asked if I work out, when I stopped laughing I replied that I just WORK, not work out... Besides doing my own cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc I play drums several times a day just to stretch my muscles or joints (it's also fun and every doctor I ever had says it's good for you), and take care of 5 pet indoor cats plus a colony of ferals living in my garage. Yesterday I mowed 2000 square feet of waist high weeds (they committed the crime of growing too near my locomotive), BUT I had to have my assistant put the mower in the back of my truck for me. (Lift with your legs, not your back...) All the same, you won't get any argument from me --- I admit I'm fat, lazy, and worthless....

Getting laid more often would be good PT, what do you guys think ??? Maybe I'll give that a try.

Train Guy, I FEEL YOUR PAIN, I'm going to do whatever I can to make this knee joint work, and avoid EVER having any more knee surgery. Best of luck to you.

Sorry, can't help you with Hamilton parts. We can't make new ones like we do for steamers...

Dave, I don't audition OR rehearse any more, enough folks have heard me already, so I just take calls and play jobs. For a baseline (also it was fun and I got paid), I did a four hour Rock & Roll dance type drumming gig the weekend before I had knee surgery at the little bar right across the UP tracks from where Audrey is parked. No problems with either my knee or hands/wrists, etc. The club wants us to come back, wonder how soon I can ??? At this point I expect more trouble moving my drumset around than with playing it.

Once more, thanks to all you guys for your advice and good wishes, and taking the trouble to reply.

Everybody Take Care & WORK SAFE

Oh yea, We have a firebrick extraction party planned for Sunday August 6th, anybody in my area is MORE THAN WELCOME to come and help !!! Please contact me by phone ahead of time if you're interested (303)822-8802 And PLEASE do NOT contact Uhrich's about my project, Marlin takes his Sabath very seriously and will not want to be bothered with us that day.

Sammy King

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:45 pm 

It looks like the story of my life....

Sammy King

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm 

QJdriver wrote:
It looks like the story of my life....

Maybe Sammy, but I think this story is better!

Attachments:
G&MB 25th July 2015 also #6 025.JPG
G&MB 25th July 2015 also #6 025.JPG [ 344.73 KiB | Viewed 5070 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 pm 

I wasn't thinking when I replied to that post the other day, Les. He was obviously suggesting how I could get some good PHYSICAL THERAPY....

Sammy King