It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cass to Durbin Connection
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:00 am 

Any update news on the Trout Run bridge the state of WV is in charge of on the Cass-Durbin connection.
Seems like a black hole of info on the bridge.
I look every couple weeks, and other than planned opening winter basically nothing to find.
Has the state designed?, Are state forces constructing? Is there a contractor involved?
Anything?

Post subject: Re: Cass to Durbin Connection
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:56 pm 

I had the same concern. I went to their web site and under the "contact" menu selected someone who was listed as the social media contact. The prior contact resigned sometime in late Sep. Anyway, I'll post my 2 questions I asked and the answers I received.

Question 1:

Do you have any updates on the Cass to Durbin line? The last one I see was back in February.

Answer 1:

Good Morning Roger,

Unfortunately, we don't have much to offer. The line is still not complete but we are hopeful to start offering the connection next year.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Reservations Hotline at 1-304-636-9477 during our normal business hours 9 AM - 5 PM Monday - Friday.

Question 2:

OK. I was wondering how the crossing of the one stream was going. Are they building a new bridge? Repurposing an old one? Riding this line is on my bucket list, but with my health issues I may not make it.

Answer 2:

Good Afternoon Roger,

I do not know. At this time they have not made any strong progress on the last bit of the connection and I'm not sure they have made any major decisions as of late. This is our peak season for our excursions and most of our focus is on our 6 days a week schedule. Hopefully in the spring we'll have more information to share.

Thanks,

Adam Williams
Individual Package Coordinator
304.636.9477 ext 108 • awilliams@mountainrail.com
MountainRail.com
315 Railroad Ave., Elkins, WV 26241

Attachments:
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg [ 8.63 KiB | Viewed 3216 times ]