It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SAR 3450 - Red Devil Possible Location - Follow-Up
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:11 pm 

Hello,

After my earlier post this morning, upon further research, I found the following photos. These photos, dated in 2005 place the 3450 and 3422 at Monument Station in Cape Town.

http://www.sa-transport.co.za/trains/sa_steam/class_26/class_26-3450_monument_dk05.JPG

http://www.sa-transport.co.za/trains/sa_steam/class_25/class_25nc-3422_monument_dk05.JPG

Note that both or neatly tucked under the street overpass, away from prying eyes in space! In my earlier view of Monument Station, everything looks neat and tidy.

This raises the possibility that they are still there and not at Dal Josafat.

Regards,

Randy Musselman

Post subject: Re: SAR 3450 - Red Devil Possible Location - Follow-Up
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:01 am 

There is a rumour that SAR No 3450 'Red Devil' is being overhauled back to working order, I do not know how modified it will be (I prefer it myself as it currently is, red living up to its name, but with large deflectors), thought I doubt it will be full radical style as Porta and his trained crews are mostly no longer with us sadly, and a one-off machine (look at 71000 'Duke of Gloucester') is never popular with crews. I certainly hope this is true as I would love to see 3450 back in working order.