It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KC RY/HARTWELL/READER #11
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:51 pm 

Hello all!

Just a question...what's the current status of "boomer" 2-6-2 #11 that was stored at Paris Ky. I know the last post on her....about 1 yr. ago, had the engine partly under a tarp, deteriorating, and the switch connecting the storage track to CSX removed. Too good an engine to let go like this. Anyone know anything?

The South Carolina RR Museum, Inc.
msgscrm@aol.com

Post subject: Re: KC RY/HARTWELL/READER #11
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:17 pm 

This engine operated between 1989 and 1993 when the CSX took over the TTI once again. This changed the statis(due to insurance I think).
I video taped it on a couple of Christmas runs which were real nice, and the last time I was there was a trip in 1992. On that one they got some bad oil, and the steam engine was taken off at Carlysle(where the streetrunning was).
Unfortunately I can't answer your question directly and also wish something could be worked out. Thats a nice 50-mile line, and the location where we did our L&N 152 Charter in 1988. May of 88 was also the last time 152 was operated on mainline trackage. At least its still around! Hope someone has some info on KC 11.
Greg Scholl

Videos
sales@gregschollvideo.com

Post subject: Re: KC RY/HARTWELL/READER #11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 6:34 pm 

All of the KY Central equipment is setting there rusting and been vandalized. When I was through there last month, I did not get out of my van but it was easy to tell that the little buggers had smashed a bunch of windows and forced their way into the locomotives and the cars. The equipment is also beginning to show signs of reaching the point of neglect that that it is going to take a good amount of money to repair. Anybody on here a member of that can shed some light on the future plans of the chapter? Does it even exist anymore except on paper?

nyc3005@yahoo.com