It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thomas the Tank Engine Replica
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 7:55 pm 

Oh yes, I do what my son's Thomas the Tank Engine videos with him!<p>On his latest video, there is footage from "Thomas the Tank Engine" day at the Strassburg RR. In this footage, you can see a replica of Thomas the Tank Engine.<p>Unlike the replica that appeared at Railfair '99 and the Mid-Continental RR Musuem, this Thomas appears to be actual steam locomotive. I had heard that Britt Allcroft had acquired a Porter tank engine for converting to a Thomas replica. Does anyone know which locomotive "Thomas" is? It is an outside-cylinder 0-6-0PT, and the various fittings are visible along with lots of smoke and steam in the video.

Surviving World Steam Locomotives
james1@pernet.net

Post subject: Re: Thomas the Tank Engine Replica
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 1999 10:16 pm 

It is the Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal #15, Conrad 111-01. Acquired from the Toledo, Lake Erie & Western Railroad (or Museum?), Toledo, OH<br>

steameng@pacbell.net

Post subject: TLE&W (Was: Re: Thomas the Tank Engine Replica)
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 1999 6:09 pm 

Toledo Lake Erie & Western Railroad. They still operate excursions out of Grand Rapids, Ohio, up the old Clover Leaf to Waterville.<p>They used to load passengers and store equipment in Waterville, but have in the last few years consolidated everything in Grand Rapids, with some of their non-operating equipment stored north of their Maumee River bridge and US-24 on a spur at a grain elevator.<p>I'd noticed that #15 had left the property a few years ago, but had no idea where it went. 'glad to see it's found a new use.<p>At one time, the TLE&W was arranging to get the ex-Ann Arbor wreck train from Owosso, MI, but things apparently fell through. From one of the former Mech. Officers of the TLE&W, I know that the condition of the running gear and brakes was an obstacle to moving off the TSBY.<p>-fm<br><br>

Post subject: Re: TLE&W (Was: Re: Thomas the Tank Engine Replica)
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 1999 12:49 am 

Fritz,<p>Do you have a current contact person for the TLE&W? I would like to talk to someone there about what kind of operation they have there.<p><br>

bighookx45@aol.com