It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: B&LE/ Wagner Palace Car in Ohio?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm 

Try this view, slightly better then the google satellite view, unfortunately only one bird's eye view available: http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LjQxJTI1N ... E4ODIyNQ==

If the above link doesn't work enter the following Lat/Long in the map search bar: 41.030825,-82.580023

Definitely a nice find.

Rich C.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 pm 

The interurban car is LSE 15. It has been discussed several times since 2002.
http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28089&p=130186

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 pm 

In case anyone is interested, here is an interior view of the "Grand Isle," mentioned earlier in this thread by Bob Yarger (April 29, 2005 posting). I shot this in Sept of last year (2011).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 pm 

Just as an update & point of information, both the B&LE car & interurban are still there as of this morning! I drove by, but did not have time to stop. They still look no better, although the B&LE car seemed to have another piece or two of sheet metal attached (several seemed shinier than the others!)!
Phil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:52 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
I was told this morning that Nova Tower is, also, still standing; it was threatened with demolition in August, but supposedly a local museum has begged for the tower, or at least its contents.......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
If anyone actually cares after all this time......

As of yesterday morning both carbodies were still on the site, with unfortunately the bigger of the two now seemingly suffering from some frame warpage or whatnot. Photo to follow eventually......

In the meantime, however, Nova Tower was eventually demolished, with a backhoe making quick work of the structure a year or two ago.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:03 pm 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:

In the meantime, however, Nova Tower was eventually demolished, with a backhoe making quick work of the structure a year or two ago.....

I believe that a museum out west acquired certain "parts" of Nova Tower and have moved them to their site. Not quite sure what their eventual plans are; perhaps a replicated Nova will rise again?

Les

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:08 pm 

On a somewhat related theme (geographically, at least), there used to be some interurban carbodies on rural property south of Homerville when I lived in Ohio many years ago. As I recall, the site was a bit wooded, so I wasn't surprised that I couldn't find anything when I looked on Google Maps this morning.

My recollection was that there was a wooden interurban from the Cleveland & Southwestern (probably the last), plus at least one freight motor from an Ohio interurban, and possibly other items.

Does anybody have any current information? Does any of this still exist? What happened to it? Are there any prospects for saving anything?

Tom