It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please sign the petition to help save the CMRR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:04 pm 

Mike Stillwell wrote:
While I am in full support of the CMRR, I can't help but wonder why in the world they brought in another passenger car last week. To me, as an outsider, it's looking pretty bleak and that's one more thing that will need to be moved quickly or face the torch.

Mike Stillwell
Buena Vista, VA.

The CMRR does not own the passenger car.

It is owned by the Empire Sate Railway Museum.

Pic here:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=209121

"RPCX 2940, Formerly NY&A 2940 and formerly LIRR 2940, a P72 coach, in the Wallkill Industrial track in Kingston. It was donated to the Empire State Railway Museum by the NY&A and shipped by rail to Kingston."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:08 pm 

co614 wrote:
Welcome to Rypn Trolley 516. Important to understand that this site does serve as an effective meeting place for many folks involved in the railway preservation "industry" in one facet or another. Quite often there are threads that examine interesting and important aspects of the field and prove to be valuable learning tools.

One downside you'll need to learn to live with is that there are 5/6 resident trolls on this site ( I call them 'toids as in negatoids, as they're always negative) who are the classic Monday morning quarterbacks, know everything there is to know about all subjects, live to celebrate failures and most important of all have never led a meaningful project from conception to the finish line and never will.

Sadly, they are an ingrained part of the deal and the sooner you come to be at peace with that and essentially ignore their nonsense, then you'll be able to gain the good available hereon.

This thread has only drawn 2 of them out so far, a really strong toid magnet can on occasion draw all 6 and most of them for repeated bites at the apple. Once you learn their behavior it's actually quite amusing to watch them at work!

Welcome aboard, enjoy the journey!

Ross Rowland

Thank you, Ross. I understand now.

I have been SHOCKED at some of the people here who love railroads but think the CMRR should be kicked off the property!

The CMRR is going to fight this. They are a hard working bunch who have been doing a lot of good work for the past 7 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:35 am 

Haven't checked the petition counts in a while: rail, 1918, trail, 1,524 as of July 15, 2013. Item of note--neither petition has a signature later than July 10. Have the petitions themselves run out of steam?

I also ran the petitions back to their origin dates, and it's also interesting that the trail petition had a head start on April 1, while the rail petition didn't start until May 21, almost two months later.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:22 pm 

thebigham wrote:

I have been SHOCKED at some of the people here who love railroads but think the CMRR should be kicked off the property!.

Being interested in railroads and railroading has nothing to do with the issues at hand.

If you don't get that, well have fun with your petition.

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:06 pm 

^Thanks for that snotty remark!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 pm 

Ham - My point stands regardless of ownership of the car. While I'm in full support of the CMRR, I'm starting to think that it comes of as a bit arrogant. It seems like the mindset that they are going to do what they want inspite of what seems to clearly be a deck stacked against them. If (When) they get the eviction notice, it's going to be a chore to get the stuff out of Dodge quick. Please see the Pemberton saga. I'm hoping that they have an Ace up the sleeve that will come out to save the day.

Mike Stillwell
Buena Vista, VA.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 pm 

At some point, the petition will close. Then what is to become of it the data?

If you submit the document at public comment periods for the City of Kingston and Ulster County, two things can occur: either a big yawn from the governing bodies who will continue to use legal action to close CMRR, or their staff can pore over the petition for residents of Ulster County and become concerned a very high percentage want rail, and may say so at the voting booths with any incumbent who used their authority for the "trail".

It is disappointing CMRR officials did not use their "moment in the sun" to get the New York City and Albany electronic media to tell their side of the story. That window has closed.

BTW: Thirty days is approaching on the show cause order for CMRR. Have they complied, or has a compromise been reached?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:59 pm 

As of July 17, 2013, 9:54 Eastern time, the counts are at 1,524 trail, 1,921 rail. The newest signature on the trail petition is from July 10, while the newest rail legitimate rail signatures are two from July 15. There is also the 1,921st signature from July 16, but it looks like that last signature may be from a cyber attack that Move On says came in the last day or so; it's just a bunch of gibberish and stuff that doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:46 pm 

July 25, 10:44PM, trail is at 1,527, rail at 1,976. Latest signatures dated July 23 and July 25, respectively.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 am 

what is the friggin Mayor's problem?

Hey Mr Mayor, why don't you become a member of the railroad and man a scraper and help chip the old paint off yourself?

You can contact your local reps via email it is just as official as this petition. go fer it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:52 am 

Link to the news thread for cross-reference:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34339

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 pm 

Current count at 2:19PM Eastern Time on July 27--rail 1,999, trail 1,527. Last rail signature July 27, last trail signature July 23.

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/maketh ... l-mountain

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ulster ... by=7898224

Wonder what will happen when the petition hits the goal of 2,000?

Equally interesting is that rail petition wasn't started until about a month after the trail petition, yet it passed it and has had a steady 400-or so vote lead fairly consistently.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:46 pm 

what tires me is someone out there wants to destroy the railroad for a trail.

whatever comes to head, these folks need to bang heads together for their interests and find a positive co-habitation together instead of creating a fight for one or the other.

There are people interested in the rail and then the trail, but the rail exists...NOW, and people there MAKING IT WORK.

...violation having the full line contractually done...who wrote that and didnt help the line...really, I'm hearing more whiners than helpers. THE CMRR group sounds very dedicated, its time/talent and as you go you go.

It sounds like the Mayor is being a muck-raker. We've heard that term in politics MANY moons ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:51 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
J3a-614 wrote:
Wonder what will happen when the petition hits the goal of 2,000?

As you've no doubt seen by now, in classic MoveOn.org style, it now automatically resets with a new "goal" of 3,000 signatures.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:15 pm 

CMRR...just keep workin away we love hearing all the reports.

Somebody out there wants to throw the cow chips around making life tougher than needed.

I have a number of reserved thoughts on this mayor but I won't share them yet,
but I just wonder if he has another goodie hiding....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next