It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATSF 2926 Music Video
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 pm 

That title looks like it should be in the Railfanning section, and it could go there, but if you take a look at it, you'll see why I put it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9qLxbNFyo8

Several things impress me with this video; one is the views of different parts of the rebuild, such as what looks like retapping the holes for the staybolts, installation of those rods, which look amazingly thin and light, and finally, the relatively low profile this group has kept compared with some others, all the while just working on the locomotive and getting closer and closer to the day of a fire in the box. . .

More:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDXLjmWqgHE

Post subject: Re: ATSF 2926 Music Video
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:01 am 

This years Open House is Sept. 28.

If you are any where close, drop on by. The food is good and the music is great, now things are really coming together .

Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm 

Thanks for posting! It prompted me to make a donation via www.2926.us --- as they say "no amount is too small!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm 

Our profile isn't quite that low, as we do have several contacts in the railroad restoration and preservation community who have helped us out greatly over the years, not to mention several articles in Trains magazine and other related publications and that our website and Facebook page get a lot of traffic as well. We do prefer to let our work do the talking, however, and we also don't go making grandiose promises or announcements.

And yes, do come out and see us this Saturday (check out the link to our website in my sig for more information); we've reinstalled several items since that video was made, plus we'll have quite a few other new things for you to see as well. Hope to see you there...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:30 pm 

I'll be there on the 28th. I'll be leaving Thursday morning, driving the old pickup. I'm donating 300 lbs of welding rod, and can't get in my carry on. I'm gonna make a road trip out of it, first night in Amarillo, two nights in Albq, next night in La Junta, & then back home. I can follow the BNSF transcon going out, up & over Raton Pass on the way home along the La Junta Sub most of the way. Should be a fun trip.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:19 am 

Wish I could make it out their to help you guys. But my money situation and the distance keeps me from doing anything haha