It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Christmas Greetings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 pm 

Wanted to wish all my fellow train lovers a blessed Christmas and a healthy, rewarding and safe 2014.

Where did 2013 go so fast??

Glad to report that I start my annual stint running Baldwin # 40 on the NH&I RR this Friday through 12/23 and I'm very much looking forward to getting some cinders back in the bloodstream. I never tire of seeing the little ones eyes widen when they catch their first glimpse of the steam engine and then Santa to boot!!!

As in years past it would be a pleasure to have any of my fellow RyPNers take a cab ride with me and if you're interested please PM me and I'll give you my duty days. A reminder that these are " Santa" trips and we run 8-10mph to give Santa time to see all the kids....... but fun no matter.

Merry Christmas!!! Ross Rowland

Post subject: Re: Christmas Greetings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:56 pm 

Thank you, Ross, for the reminder of the season--something some of us--like me!!--sometimes forget or neglect because we get tied up in too many other things!

And a Merry Christmas to you as well!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm 

Merry Christmas to you too, Ross.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:48 am 

To a gentleman who has brought much delight to old and young alike across America for many years, my best wishes for a Blessed Christmas Season. Here's to cinders and smoke in your eyes!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 am 

I'm Jewish & have no problem wishing my Christian friends a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year. Ross, you brought joy to me on a random visit to New hope years ago just seeing #614 parked on the spur across from New Hope Station.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm 

Merry Christmas to you and all those who celebrate, and Happy New Year to everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:18 pm 

From 2 PM's received today please allow me to correct a possible ambiguity in my original posting. When I said I would welcome having any RyPNers who would like to take a cab ride on # 40 with me I should have said as a revenue customer. Sorry I can't afford to cover the $ 40 cab ride ticket, that's up to the rider.

Also, by the NH&I rules we can only carry 1 cab rider per trip so if you're coming please call ahead and make a reservation. Please see www.newhoperailroad.com for schedule and contact info and PM me for my duty days.

Glad to report that so far the Santa/North Pole Express season is going very well and # 40 is running sweet. Ridership is up well over last year.

Merry Christmas to all.

Ross Rowland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 am 

Ross-
Merry Christmas from Fla where we're pulling 700 passengers each night, four nights per week for four straight weeks on our annual trips to the "North Pole".
Unfortunately, diesels are doing the pulling and our pole is at the North end of the track but the families and kids don't mind 'cause Santa is waiting to see them all.

I guess you could say that Santa keeps our trains running for a big part of the year.

-Jim Herron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:45 am 

Speaking of New Hope & Ivyland #40, several years ago Mitch Goldman captured what I believe is one of the finest night photos I've ever seen when he and Pete Lerro set out to illuminate #40 crossing Hood Trestle. The short Christmas animation below has this image within it.

It is also contained within my updated Santa's Steam Express Slideshow Video - Runtime: 4 mins 14 secs.

My thanks to the many contributors within which are mentioned in most all of the insert photos used within this video slideshow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 am 

Special thanks to Bob Lyndall for that very creative, beautiful Christmas video!!

Always wondered how Santa is able to get to all those places so fast. Rudolph must suffer from wind burn at those speeds???

Nicely done Bob, your efforts are certainly appreciated.

Ross Rowland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:21 am 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
co614 wrote:
Always wondered how Santa is able to get to all those places so fast. Rudolph must suffer from wind burn at those speeds???

As with Scotland, not for the squeamish:

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2013/12/16/ ... aus-video/