It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baltimore Chapter NRHS Banquet with Doyle McCormack
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:51 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
The Baltimore Chapter NRHS is pleased to announce that its featured presenter for the Chapter's Annual Banquet on Saturday, March 21st will be Doyle McCormack, president of the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation, long-time steward of Southern Pacific 4-8-4 4449, and owner/rebuilder of an ex-Santa Fe/D&H/NdeM Alco PA as "Nickel Plate 190".

Mr. McCormack will be presenting a digital "slide show" on the rebuilding of his Alco PA, and afterwards will also discuss his experiences with the 4449, the American Freedom Train, The Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation, and other rail preservation projects.

The Banquet will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Heritage Parkville Gardens at the Parkville Shopping Center, 7631 Harford Road, Parkville, MD 21234: http://www.parkvillegardens.net/

Banquet will be buffet style, featuring roast beef, turkey, shrimp creole, veggies, sides, beverages, and dessert all included. Cash bar.

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Ticket price will be $30 up to March 7th, $35 after March 7th and at door. To purchase by mail, send check or money order with the amount per person and attendees' names to the Baltimore Chapter Treasurer at 3025 Orlando Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21234.

Post subject: Re: Baltimore Chapter NRHS Banquet with Doyle McCormack
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 pm 

Thanks, Sandy and the Bal-More Chapter for hosting Doyle on the 21st. It was definitely worth the drive from Philly, even though I missed the turn onto the Beltway fm 95 S (my GPS announcer volume was too low, and I couldn't remember how to make her louder), had a run-in (literally) with a local impatient motorist/resident and then had to circle the parking lot to find where the entrance to the Banquet Hall was......ahh, there it is, near the secret rear parking lot!!! So much for my time cushion....thankfully I didn't miss anything.

Otherwise, it was a great day.... The donation was a nice touch, too.

I had a chance to talk with Doyle at the end of the Spencer Gala (we stayed at the same hotel and I helped him load up on Monday) and really enjoyed it. It was great to hear more details on his multi-year odyssey to repatriate the two PA's. Make sure nobody tells his wife how much has been spent to date!!!

Def have to plan a trip to Oregon once Ol' 190 is operational!