It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:58 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 271
Does anybody have any pictures of 154's charter as TF 78, or 4501's charter? There are one or two on Railpictures, but i am anxious to see more!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 am 

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:45 am
Posts: 459
Here's one:
Knoxville & Holston River #154, renumbered and relettered as Tallulah Falls Railway #78, crosses a short trestle while pulling a Dynamo Productions charter on August 16, 2015

RP rejected the picture, so the link will only work for six more days.

_________________
--
Chris Webster
Personal Website Last Updated in 1996


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:59 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 271
Chris Webster wrote:

Beautiful Shot! I forgot about the charter otherwise I would have been out there chasing and videoing and such!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:06 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:10 am
Posts: 2332
Chris Webster wrote:



I like that image a lot. It conveys power.

Rob

_________________
The long memory is the most radical idea in this country. It is the loss of that long memory which deprives our people of that connective flow of thoughts and events that clarifies our vision, not of where we're going, but where we want to go. B. Phillips


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:02 am 

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 am
Posts: 3036
Location: Inwood, W.Va.
Neat shot! The light 2-8-0 with a slightly dusty look, the freight consist, and the heavy exhaust suggest a scene out of Lucius Beebe's "Mixed Train Daily."

How many of us wish we could travel back in time with a modern camera?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 728
Location: Tucson, Arizona
J3a-614 wrote:
Neat shot! The light 2-8-0 with a slightly dusty look, the freight consist, and the heavy exhaust suggest a scene out of Lucius Beebe's "Mixed Train Daily."

How many of us wish we could travel back in time with a modern camera?


Actually, it reminds me more of "Extra South". The G & O folks did a great job on the 154-not many 19th century locomotives running out there.

_________________
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."- Conductor Nimrod Bell, 1896


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:02 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 271
Alan Walker wrote:
J3a-614 wrote:
Neat shot! The light 2-8-0 with a slightly dusty look, the freight consist, and the heavy exhaust suggest a scene out of Lucius Beebe's "Mixed Train Daily."

How many of us wish we could travel back in time with a modern camera?


Actually, it reminds me more of "Extra South". The G & O folks did a great job on the 154-not many 19th century locomotives running out there.

They sure did, she doesn't run as often as we'd like. 203 is the mainstay, something about the city of Knoxville not liking coal smoke is what I heard, so we take every chance we can with 154. They are about to start work on their former stone mountain 4-4-0 which is an oil burner too.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:26 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:54 am
Posts: 728
Location: Tucson, Arizona
southern154 wrote:
Alan Walker wrote:
J3a-614 wrote:
Neat shot! The light 2-8-0 with a slightly dusty look, the freight consist, and the heavy exhaust suggest a scene out of Lucius Beebe's "Mixed Train Daily."

How many of us wish we could travel back in time with a modern camera?


Actually, it reminds me more of "Extra South". The G & O folks did a great job on the 154-not many 19th century locomotives running out there.

They sure did, she doesn't run as often as we'd like. 203 is the mainstay, something about the city of Knoxville not liking coal smoke is what I heard, so we take every chance we can with 154. They are about to start work on their former stone mountain 4-4-0 which is an oil burner too.


Well, if the folks in Ktown don't like coal smoke, make the Stone Mountain loco a wood burner.

_________________
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."- Conductor Nimrod Bell, 1896


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:40 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 pm
Posts: 8358
Location: Baltimore, MD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RltdGvz_50


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:01 am 

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 am
Posts: 3036
Location: Inwood, W.Va.
Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RltdGvz_50


Great little video, thanks for sharing it!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern 154 and 4501 Photo Charter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:51 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:28 pm
Posts: 205
here's my stuff....

TF 78
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125446073 ... 5148365724

Southern 4501
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125446073 ... 7581192195


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


 Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: