It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Running F40PH-2 auction ends today
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 am 

Pretty good deal:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=104&acctid=6644

Post subject: Re: Running F40PH-2 auction ends today
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
I'm pretty sure I know who the successful bidder is, and I think we shall be pleased.

But I'll wait for them to confirm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:25 am 

Quite the bidding war between the two bidders, it would be interesting to know who they both were. I also see that the "buyers premium" adds a nice chunk of change to the bid.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:37 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Bobharbison wrote:
Quite the bidding war between the two bidders, it would be interesting to know who they both were. I also see that the "buyers premium" adds a nice chunk of change to the bid.

Not at all.

Look more closely. The winning bidder put in a substantial bid, which as the only bidder put him in at the minimum price/reserve. The second bidder (whom I also have a nagging suspicion who that was) kept raising the price, and at every bid was automatically outbid by the automatic processing raising the first bid over the second bidder every time. I assume the winning bidder had a bid in of over $100K, and is lucky the second bidder quit when he did.

There are only two or three outfits in the North American market interested in an F40PH enough to bid that kind of money right now, both "commercial" users. Any forum user here can figure out two of them, and even the winning bidder, with a little thought applied.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:31 pm 

I was figuring the F40PH preservation society and the ...other... F40PH preservation society.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:19 pm 

robertmacdowell wrote:
I was figuring the F40PH preservation society and the ...other... F40PH preservation society.

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:51 pm 

What about Grand Canyon Ry? I'm totally out of touch with this event and realize that this is a very late post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:18 pm 

tom moungovan wrote:
What about Grand Canyon Ry? I'm totally out of touch with this event and realize that this is a very late post.

Years ago I heard that Eric Hadder at GCRY kept an active list of all the F40PHs that were on the market in case upper management ever decided to buy another one. I woder if he was one of the bidders.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:49 pm 

Zak Lybrand wrote:
tom moungovan wrote:

Years ago I heard that Eric Hadder at GCRY kept an active list of all the F40PHs that were on the market in case upper management ever decided to buy another one. I wonder if he was one of the bidders.

I have reason to believe that 1) his list, if he had one, was out of date of late, and that 2) yes, they'll still snap them up if the price is right.

Sadly, the fleet that showed up at Larry's Truck & Electric, which actually came from two different sources, is apparently all dismembered/dismantled now.

And honestly, by now I feel like Craig Ferguson giving clues to an answer on "Celebrity Name Game" where he's said everything imaginable to hint at what he's talking about, and screams "it rhymes with Teric Badder, oh come on, do I have to spell it out?!?!?!? Okay, whoever hits the buzzer first when I say---"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:52 am 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
Zak Lybrand wrote:
tom moungovan wrote:

Years ago I heard that Eric Hadder at GCRY kept an active list of all the F40PHs that were on the market in case upper management ever decided to buy another one. I wonder if he was one of the bidders.

I have reason to believe that 1) his list, if he had one, was out of date of late, and that 2) yes, they'll still snap them up if the price is right.

Sadly, the fleet that showed up at Larry's Truck & Electric, which actually came from two different sources, is apparently all dismembered/dismantled now.

And honestly, by now I feel like Craig Ferguson giving clues to an answer on "Celebrity Name Game" where he's said everything imaginable to hint at what he's talking about, and screams "it rhymes with Teric Badder, oh come on, do I have to spell it out?!?!?!? Okay, whoever hits the buzzer first when I say---"

I'm thinking Iowa Pacific is one of them...

http://www.bigjimvideo.com/home.html
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigjim4life