It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MARC Electrics
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:12 am 

Can anyone advise me as to whether any of the electric locos owned by MARC are currently in use?
I believe they were all withdrawn earlier this year and 3 (?) Amtrak AEM7's were hired in instead. Obviously these have now been withdrawn, and I read that MARC were intending to reinstate their electrics up until the time new diesels arrive in 2017/18.

Can't find anything on the net to confirm what the current situation is, so any info greatfully received.

Post subject: Re: MARC Electrics
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
The four AEM-7's are out of service, with one not even in electrified territory.

As of this afternoon, at least two HHP-8's are still in the mix on Penn Line service.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:05 pm 

Hi,

For information purposes only, would any of these electrics from MARC have electronics that could fit in a GG1?

Since the AEM7s have been retired, maintenance of these innards might be difficult. How about the HHP-8s?

Just idle talk. If I won the Lottery, maybe I'd try it myself (Gad did I say that?).

Doug vV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:26 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
We'll revisit after you win the lottery.

In the meantime, review:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30631

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:45 am 

Alexander D. Mitchell IV wrote:
The four AEM-7's are out of service, with one not even in electrified territory.

As of this afternoon, at least two HHP-8's are still in the mix on Penn Line service.

Many thanks for the reply about the HHP-8's, though I actually saw and rode behind both of them last week (4911 & 4915) when I was on vacation in the area. I managed to work out the trains they were likely to be used on (I had a 7 day MARC BAL-WAS season ticket during my visit) so managed photos as well.
Interestingly, 4911 didn't appear yesterday morning (Fri 21 Oct) and a train was also missing from the schedule. Said loco was on the Amtrak Ivy City facility when I got to WAS around 9 AM, in the company of 4912, which I hadn't seen all week. 4912 then turned up on train #532 that afternoon, as I saw it at BWI when heading for my flight back to the UK!