It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Documentary about Railfans in the works
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:11 pm 

Hello all,

I am directing a 30-minuted documentary about railfans, with an intended release for May 2017. I had originally planned on doing this for fun, but as I discussed the idea with other people and received positive feedback (including invitations to tour industrial sites and tourist railroads for the production) it became apparent that I could never afford to make something like this out of my own pocket, thus I and my production team have created a fundraiser that you can find here: https://www.gofundme.com/trackside-railfan-documentary-2vu47tbg?ssid=781867345&pos=1

What we need funding for is to cover travel costs associated with production (at one point our volunteer production team will need to make a trip of over 600 miles to cover one of our subjects), to pay for media rights (including an original score, which I am in the process of arranging right now) and some vital pieces of equipment that I do not currently have access to but are necessary to make a quality production.

The idea came in response to watching some really terrible "documentaries" about railfans casting them anywhere in the range from exceptionally immature to downright insane. The idea is to focus on the social and creative aspects of railfanning, and one of the major themes that our participants will discuss is the idea of "generational railroading": that whether as a career or as a hobby, railroading is an interest that has been passed down through their family.

Anyway, hope you all are interested, if you have any questions feel free to respond or PM me, and please donate!

Thanks,

Joshua Bernhard

Josh B.

Director, Golden Spike Chapter R&LHS
The official D&RGW 223 website