It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Boston & Maine Dining Car
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 pm 

I am interested to know if the B&M steel dining car Maine is still at Steamtown, National Historic Site?

Also, has any work been done to the 2-6-0 Lackawanna #565 in recent years? She used to have a web site; but I can't find it anymore.

ted66

Post subject: Re: Boston & Maine Dining Car
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:58 pm 

Maine/Mountaineer is still there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:58 pm 

steel city and all,

note that those entries on the web site you saw were from 2011. That is more than 5 years ago.

ted66

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pm 

I don't know if anything has happened since, but this thread should should answer some questions. http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38135&p=233381&hilit=565#p233381

Roger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:58 pm 

Deleted

Last edited by rock island lines on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:25 pm 

rock island lines wrote:
Steel City wrote:
I googled DL&W 565 and this pop up.

http://projectdlw565.webs.com/

From the website:

"ALL Pictures and Videos are protected by law, against downloading or duplicating.
Punishable by $250,000 fine and up to 5 years in prison.
"

Classic.

Actually, I just assumed that was what happened to you.

Seriously, I thought the warning was a bit overwrought.

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:02 pm 

wilkinsd wrote:
rock island lines wrote:
From the website:
"ALL Pictures and Videos are protected by law, against downloading or duplicating.
"

I'm going to save this comment by Wilkins implying that I should be in prison.

I am actually still a rail transportation consultant and licensed professional engineer. And I can tell you that in the last few years I have backed away from offering help to certain railroad museums because of comments like the one above from a museum representative.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 pm 

rock island lines wrote:
wilkinsd wrote:
rock island lines wrote:
From the website:
"

I'm going to save this comment by Wilkins implying that I should be in prison.

I am actually still a rail transportation consultant and licensed professional engineer. And I can tell you that in the last few years I have backed away from offering help to certain railroad museums because of comments like the one above from a museum representative.

1. It was a joke, playing off of the absurdity of the warnings you referenced in your post. If you could not see the humor in that, then I am really sorry for the life you lead as a rail transportation consultant.

2. If you have "backed off" offering help to a certain museum because of little 'ole me, then you were never offering help for the right reasons in the first place. If I am really such an impediment to your support, please contact the president and board directly. If you ask, I will provide their email addresses to you through private message.

3. I will challenge you. Send me all evidence of your donations to the particular museum for the 10 years prior to you stopping, and if I deem it significant, I will step down from my position at said museum after confirmation that you've made a new, substantial contribution. What will make it significant if your monetary donation is equal to the amount of time I have donated to said museum in a professional capacity. I will take my time and multiply it by my standard hourly rate. If you've provided similar professional services for free, then you can do the same. Deal?

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:01 pm 

wilkinsd wrote:

1. It was a joke, playing off of the absurdity of the warnings you referenced in your post. If you could not see the humor in that, then I am really sorry for the life you lead as a rail transportation consultant.

2. If you have "backed off" offering help to a certain museum because of little 'ole me, then you were never offering help for the right reasons in the first place. If I am really such an impediment to your support, please contact the president and board directly. If you ask, I will provide their email addresses to you through private message.

3. I will challenge you. Send me all evidence of your donations to the particular museum for the 10 years prior to you stopping, and if I deem it significant, I will step down from my position at said museum after confirmation that you've made a new, substantial contribution. Deal?

On the advice of a friend I was going to delete my post above, but you've already replied, so...

1. Ok.
2. I won't be contacting anyone.
3. I'd rather just forget this episode than go there. I occasionally hear of gear that could be useful to museums, but have opted not get involved. Maybe in the future.

Moderator, for the good of the order, go ahead and delete all this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:04 pm 

rock island lines wrote:
wilkinsd wrote:

3. I will challenge you. Send me all evidence of your donations to the particular museum for the 10 years prior to you stopping, and if I deem it significant, I will step down from my position at said museum after confirmation that you've made a new, substantial contribution. Deal?

On the advice of a friend I was going to delete my post above, but you've already replied, so...

1. Ok.
2. I won't be contacting anyone.
3. I'd rather just forget this episode than go there. I occasionally hear of gear that could be useful to museums, but have opted not get involved. Maybe in the future.

Moderator, for the good of the order, go ahead and delete all this.

No, no, no.

You have publicly stated her multiple times that you no longer donate to a certain museum (other times you've been more specific) because of ME. You don't get to make such a claim without backing it up. You do not get to hide behind a username, making such claims, without enlightening us.

More importantly, I enjoy how you back down. In previous posts and this one, you imply that you donated money, and stopped because of me. Now you just "hear of gear." What is it? Enlighten us.

I'm 10000% honest in my pledge to step down in my volunteer role at said museum if you meet my challenge.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

This has become a pissing match, and as so is now locked.

Randy

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfNevadaSouthernRailway

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:33 pm 

Just delete the offending posts. I'm more than fine with that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]