It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chambersburg Wheel Press
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm 

I am looking for information on a Chambersburg wheel press. Instruction manuals, parts manuals, or anything that might be available would be helpful. The only information I can find on the machine is a plate that says it was manufactured by the Chambersburg Engineering Company. It is very similar to the one shown in this video: Press

Post subject: Re: Chambersburg Wheel Press
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:54 am 

Chambersburg had a big plant in Chambersburg, PA. The building was still standing last time I was through there but is a "superfund" site of some sort. They were known for their forging hammers. The "Nation Builder Books" store owner had a huge amount of literature from Chambersburg awhile back. Maybe he still has some....I bought a bunch of his stuff on the forging hammers as we have some of them here in the Smith Shop at the old Cambria Steel/Bethlehem plant in Johnstown, PA. There are a lot of them around, I see them in various shops that I do business with.........Hancock in Pittsburgh has one but I don't know if they have any info on it. Or you could check with the town historical society, they may have an archive.

Post subject: Re: Chambersburg Wheel Press
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:22 pm 

fairmontdave wrote:
Chambersburg had a big plant in Chambersburg, PA. The building was still standing last time I was through there but is a "superfund" site of some sort. They were known for their forging hammers. The "Nation Builder Books" store owner had a huge amount of literature from Chambersburg awhile back. Maybe he still has some....I bought a bunch of his stuff on the forging hammers as we have some of them here in the Smith Shop at the old Cambria Steel/Bethlehem plant in Johnstown, PA. There are a lot of them around, I see them in various shops that I do business with.........Hancock in Pittsburgh has one but I don't know if they have any info on it. Or you could check with the town historical society, they may have an archive.

Not a superfund site as far as I know and I live in Chambersburg. Gaumer Industries currently owns the property and has been renovating the buildings on the site.