It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adirondack Railroad Contractors Announcement
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:34 am 

Adirondack Railroad Contractors announces a unique steam locomotive ownership opportunity. Kalasaa Railroad 775, a 2-8-0 is available for ownership. Currently located in Twin Peaks, Washington at the hobo museum of A Number 1, a noted American Hobo, 775 is available for sale from ARC. Nash Jommhir, President, Chief Executive Officer, and Head Bottle Washer of ARC has examined the 775 and provides the following commentary:

Quote:
Thanks for the mention of Adirondack above.

Folks, I can not impress upon all of you enough the fact that the 775 is indeed, the very last BRAND NEW STEAM locomotive in the USA. When I say Brand New.....what do I mean?

I mean, it is Brand Spanking New. It has very few miles, it has had repairs made only for "repair training sake", it has been stored well in a good climate and it has been unchanged and unaltered for many years.

I believe that the locomotive could be placed in service for less than $250,000.00 as is, right now. In fact, with a good volunteer group, a new set of tubes and some good equipment, the actual "get her running number" could be as low as $50,000.00. Really, I am not joking a bit. It is a Brand New Steam Locomotive.

Now, the joke about putting a fire in her and testing her out; Short of re-starting what is now a locked thread, if I were in the shoes of the buyer I would hang a sign on the cab noting the locomotive as non-compliant, I would hydro test the locomotive, with the jacket off. I would finish a good UT examination to be safe and sure and I would indeed test fire the locomotive. I would not haul a car with it, nor would I cross a public crossing or navigable waterway. I can assure you that every aspect of the locomotive will function. I can assure you that the locomotive would run great and other than the front truck tram issue....there is little to be done.

Check out our report which can be found here;

http://files.arrc.us/file.php?id=42

At the bottom/center of the page is a button that says "download" click on that button and the report will load for you.

Serious inquiries only for this important item.

Attachments:
775.jpg
775.jpg [ 97.28 KiB | Viewed 3427 times ]

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."

Post subject: Re: Adirondack Railroad Contractors Announcement
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:48 am 

Mr. Wilkins I think the fingers on the keyboard have struck again! The photo linked to the above post is some small switching locomotive located at a narrow gauge museum in the UK called the Statfold Barn Railway. I also believe this is the same locomotive after restoration sitting on the turntable.

Should this be an April first post my hat is off to you as I believed it for a moment

Attachments:
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG [ 199.32 KiB | Viewed 3276 times ]

Veterantoget.dk