It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: W&LE 3960 bought by the age of steam
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:08 pm 

Emmo213 wrote:
If anybody wants to help the other W&LE 0-6-0 we're always accepting help and donations.

http://lsra.org/nbsprestore-the-nkp-384.html

Speaking of which, how's it going? Is the plan still to get her to operation or has that since changed?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:55 pm 

It's been over 60 hours since this rumor was first posted, and there has been no confirmation from AoS. Nothing on their web site. Nothing on the Facebook site. No indication that the engine is being moved from Minerva to Sugarcreek.

As much as I would like it to be true, I have to conclude it's just a rumor until I learn it from a more verifiable source. No disrespect to the O.P. is intended.

I understand Mr. Jacobson was making sincere and well-intentioned efforts, and his efforts have been stymied by others who have raised certain legal issues regarding control of 3960. Until these are resolved, everything is held up. I sincerely hope this impasse will be overcome soon, but I don't think that has happened yet.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 pm 

I understand why you think that, but you should know they don't update their website often. When B&O 1190 was bought, it took more than 2 weeks from when a forum was created to when it was put on the website. Same with Woodward 41. They post updates usually when the engine gets to Sugarcreek. There has also been proved evidence

Such as
http://www.steamlocomotive.com/lists/se ... A&state=OH

http://www.nkphts.org/preservation/steam.html

And an error on this website saying that Jacobson bought the 384, which in fact is not true (last 2 pages)
http://nkphts.org/spottersguides/nkp_0- ... _guide.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:42 pm 

I do not consider these references to be proof that all obstacles have been cleared in Mr. Jacobson's quest to obtain a clean and uncontested title to the 3960.

You do, and you call them "proved evidence".

I'd rather wait and see.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:30 am 

I was wondering why Ian Welch of New Zealand has recently purchased two more locomotives (from South Africa) - got to keep ahead of Mr. Jacobson in the loco count....:)

TH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:40 pm 

Anything more on this topic? Was he able to purchase 3960? Just curious. I've followed this locomotive since it was under the S.T.E.A.M. Museum banner. I just want to see it go to a good home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 pm 

If there is no new news on this situation, may I ask nicely to the moderators that this thread be locked so that there is no more confusing information about its current situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:11 pm 

ekrwy2 wrote:
If there is no new news on this situation, may I ask nicely to the moderators that this thread be locked so that there is no more confusing information about its current situation.

Agreed. It appears that nothing has changed regarding the status of W&LE 3960. If, in fact, Age of Steam is able to acquire this locomotive in the future, we will start a new thread.

Thread is locked.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 am 

Researching this topic, wanted to add that the locomotive is still located at 177 Curry Street in Minerva, OH (as of April 2017). Google Maps provides this image:

Attachments:
3960.jpg
3960.jpg [ 73.64 KiB | Viewed 4708 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2