It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanted: Floor & wiring information = SP Business #127 Alamo
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 pm 

I have arranged to have the former Pullman built SP business / office car "Alamo" #127 as the first railcar for the new railroad & transportation museum to open in Rapid City, SD. It's been over 30 years since the car saw service and I'm looking for it's history, floor plans, wiring and plumbing diagrams, interior pictures, the original Galveston, Harrisburg & San Antonio Railway #999 information of the car, where it operated, who might of ridden in it (SP Exec's, U.S. Presidents, etc.).

Also any negatives or photos we can us of the car; in various paint schemes.

As well, we're told it's oil bearings (a hose goes to the bearing cap). Is that an interchange approved bearing, or will we have to upgrade? Other business care on mainline excursions have the same type I see in video's.

Don newmilwaukeeroad@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Floor & wiring information = SP Business #127 Al
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:17 am 

Contact Ted Anderson at IRM's Pullman Library via PullmanLibrary@IRM.org

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Floor & wiring information = SP Business #127 Al
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:31 am 

I will contact Ted Anderson.

An update on #127. On Tuesday, I received an email from SD DOT, expressing concern with the Rapid City project having the museum on the right of way; as if they decided to cancel my agreement, they would have to deal with getting the museum off. In addition, they are asking off-record information about my other businesses, that I do "not" make public to anyone. They want a list of "all" concerts I produced, gross income from them and net income from them. They want a detailed list of expenses and revenue on them. The IRS does not even ask that detailed amount of questions.

For that reason, I will take the railcar to another location (as of yet not decided upon). I will still be in Houston in August prepping the car for a Spring 2018 move; but as of yet, I'm just not sure where. I also need additional people to help form a nonprofit "Friends of the 127" nonprofit. For legal reasons (conflict of interest), I will "not" be a board member of that group; only a member and major fundraiser for them. Illegal for me to be on the board and for the organization to then spend money to refurbish a railcar I control.

I could just refurbish the unit; but, to make it into a tourist attraction and a railcar people will rent for mainline excursions, it needs to be luxurious. For that reason, I've already begun looking for and securing such things as crystal chandeliers, brass trim, art-deco exclusive furnishings, etc. It will take about 5 years, but it's my goal to see to it that this railcar ends up being one of the showpieces of railroad business/office cars.