It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Indiana Transportation Museum
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:06 pm 

Yes, some equipment has been scrapped. This included one interurban carbody that has been sitting on blocking for near 40 years outside and several Chicago "L" cars.

I ask about advertising. I told them the could have posted on RYPN for free, they have only been using word of mouth, telling those they think might have an interest. East Troy and IRM were mentioned.

John McNichols said he just signed up for RYPN, so he may post on here.

I know the person who purchased the 606 burned line car, has plan is to completely restore the car.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm 

This sounds like the Port Arthur School Of Railway Preservation.

I'm very excited about the line car restoration, tell your friend to post updates. Let's see, a workcar that's being restored instead of parted out to restore a passenger car body and the preservation of a steam wrecker in Colorado makes me think that folks are actually beginning to appreciate work equipment.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:48 pm 

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/201 ... 580848002/

Quote:
The Indiana Transportation Museum is accusing Noblesville of rushing to evict it from its longtime Forest Park home so it can seize its locomotives, passenger cars and other railroad equipment.

In a lawsuit that seeks to delay the eviction by 18 to 24 months. ITM claims that the city’s action is akin to “criminal conversion,” or theft.

“Noblesville City officials refused to listen to reasonable argument on a practical time-frame for the safe and economic removal of ITM owned assets from Forest Park, and threatened to seize all assets,” according to the Hamilton County lawsuit, which requests a preliminary injunction against the city. “This is believed to be criminal conversion.”

The city told the museum to roll out of the municipal park by June 1 but said they have no interest in taking the trains for themselves. ITM’s lease with the city ended March 1 and the evacuation time was extended three months.

“We don’t want or need their equipment,” said city spokesman Robert Herrington. “We just want it out.”

Rochester, N.Y.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 pm 

Video of equipment scrapping at ITM popped up today on Facebook. I do not believe that the video is available elsewhere. I do not know what has been scrapped, as I am not particularly knowledgeable with respect to ITM’s collection. Link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AOTTORCH/permalink/1548462115282600/

Ryan Heath
Minneapolis, Minnesota

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 pm 

ChicagoGreatWestern wrote:
Video of equipment scrapping at ITM popped up today on Facebook. I do not believe that the video is available elsewhere. I do not know what has been scrapped, as I am not particularly knowledgeable with respect to ITM’s collection. Link is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AOTTORCH/permalink/1548462115282600/

Ryan Heath
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Looks like they were scrapping an ex-CTA work car, converted from a 4000 series car. On a side note, it can be seen on Frank Hick's blog https://pnaerc.blogspot.com/ that the last Indianapolis streetcar has been confirmed scrapped at ITM as well.