It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Indiana Transportation Museum Given until July 12 to Mov
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:00 pm 

Chris Webster wrote:
softwerkslex wrote:
I agree. Please, check your sources before posting.
The other forum requires a login, so I cannot directly link to the post I quoted. I also lack the legal expertise needed to locate relevant court order(s).

I personally would prefer that 2nd hand information or "hearsay" not be posted on RYPN. Memos like, "I heard someone else say that...." It is low value information, and frequently false.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:29 pm 

Chris Webster wrote:
A post on another forum claims that "the City has seized the bank assets of ITM so that there will be sufficient funds for environmental remediation of the former museum site."

Hearsay until proven otherwise.

There is nothing in the Indiana court system database as of today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 pm 

jayrod wrote:
There is nothing in the Indiana court system database as of today.
Thank you.

The Indianapolis Business-Journal published a July 27, 2018 letter from Les McConnell, chairman Indiana Transportation Museum:
Letter - Transportation museum has plans to keep growing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:12 am 

Article says ITm learned from this experience. yeah, i hope they learned they shouuld own the property they intend to display and store the equipment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:57 pm 

Any update? Has any of the equipment that was locked in by the City of Noblesville been removed yet? I have heard that the Kentucky Steam Heritage Corp. has now hired legal counsel in an attempt to recover the cars that they purchased.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 pm 

KSHC posted that for themselves, on facebook, that they hired a local lawyer. They were asking that others who have equipment stranded there to use the same lawyer. It wasn't hard to read between the lines that things were getting ugly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 am 

No need to read between the lines if you quote Kentucky Steam's exact comments:

Quote:
We feel confident that Noblesville is going through a due diligence process in order to make the right decision in helping move the equipment. I don’t see any reason to expect that we won’t have the opportunity to move the cars out within a a reasonable time frame.

The city is wading through dozens of requests, entities, organizations and individuals. Kentucky Steam hired well connected representation to manage the process and the city is still working through who-is-who and what-is-what, especially to distinguish what ITM is still legally responsible for and what is private property.

Kentucky Steam has provided proof of ownership and their bonafides which is exactly what the city has said they'd need to in prior communications. They are all volunteers and hiring someone to ride herd on this makes everyone's lives easier.

http://www.fwrhs.org

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:29 pm 

For those interested; the September issue of Rail & Wire just landed in my mail box.

They have a whole page in their Preservation Rail News column devoted to this situation. See page 15.

A lot of many was spent but mostly it appears to be better that it could have been!

Does anybody know where the Singer #1 electric locomotive went?

Ted Miles 66

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:47 am 

The Singer locomotive is currently stored off site by a private individual.

A suggestion was made for a future location for this locomotive to go to and that is being worked out.

The locomotive is safe, more when the time comes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:32 am 

It looks like Kentucky Steam Heritage was able to remove three cars, PRR RPO 6565, PRR baggage 9036, and an auxiliary tender that came from an N&W steamer, (edit) these photos (from the KSH facebook page shot the middle of this week) show some of what is left in Nobelsville, the PRR covered hopper is listed as "supposedly safe", the Monon SW1 is privately owned, and it looks like an NKP painted unit which may either be a Baldwin or GE that is listed as belonging to "City of Kokomo" on the google spreadsheet, or an original NKP GP-9 listed as ITM/USRail. The all black GP-9 is ex-UP.

Attachments:
42789195_2683822341842964_8165045576329592832_ors.jpg
42789195_2683822341842964_8165045576329592832_ors.jpg [ 75.07 KiB | Viewed 14733 times ]
42730827_2683822441842954_3155344285746855936_o (2)resized.jpg
42730827_2683822441842954_3155344285746855936_o (2)resized.jpg [ 104.48 KiB | Viewed 14740 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:47 pm 

Thanks for the update. I was afraid for a while the water tender would become razor blades.

What about the NYC baggage car?

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 am 

Is the Ohio Locomotive Crane that has helped save so much of this equipment going to be saved ?

Kevin K.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:17 pm 

From the KSHC website: “We are committed to working with railroad groups interested in the abandoned equipment on a case-by-case basis,” said Noblesville Deputy Mayor Steve Cooke. “We’ve agreed to work with Kentucky Steam transfer of these units because of their reputation, and because the move supports the City’s efforts to clean up Forest Park and to someday transform this area of the park into an amenity our community can be proud of.” https://www.kentuckysteam.org/news

I'm not sure what that means for the remaining equipment. KSHC was able to get Hulcher (which normally charges somewhere near $10k per hour) to load the cars out for free or at a steep discount, and CSX to move the cars from Anderson IN to KY even though they don't have rotating end cap bearings:

"In late summer, Hulcher Services and CSX Transportation struck an agreement to donate time and resources to Kentucky Steam to relocate the three rail cars. Several weeks of preparation preceded the move, as KSHC members worked diligently to be sure the pieces were ready for being transported. Because the rails in the area are not connected to the national rail system, each piece needed to be trucked off property and then placed on CSX rail to enable transport to Ravenna. This week, Hulcher positioned equipment and supplied crews to coordinate and execute the complex move. “Hulcher Services and CSX have had a long-standing partnership for more than 50 years,” said Hulcher Services National Account Manager, Shayne Martin. "When we were recently contacted by CSX and Kentucky Steam for help with the movement of these historic rail cars, we didn’t hesitate to participate and offer our expertise in loading and unloading them for movement to their new home.”

The Deputy Mayor's statement would seem to preclude any operation without so much pull getting anything out.

I'm not sure if anyone is trying to get the crane out, it was shown as belonging to the "Monon Connection Museum", and the NYC baggage car is a mystery also, I would guess it is still there behind the shed. I hope the owners of the remaining diesels have been able to get in to drain the cooling water as it is about the time of year the midwest starts getting hard freezes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:04 pm 

All of the road diesels were winterized awhile ago and havent been run since that I am aware of. The Monon SW1 was used as the shop goat. SO I hope it was drained already or will be prior to freezing weather that is fast approaching.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 pm 

I fear there is going to be a "Part II" to this saga for people removing equipment...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 39  Next