It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Railcars Offered
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:03 am 

Hello,

My name is John-Mark, and I’m on the WCHS Pullman Depot Heritage Center Executive committee.

The mission of the Pullman Depot Heritage Center is to sustain the unique character of our historic NP depot and engage the community in the exploration the diverse history of Pullman, WA: its people, businesses, and organizations. It aims to explain how the railroads served as a catalyst for the growth of the town, its neighbors, the university, and local agriculture. You can read more about us at https://www.pullmandepot.org

Our current plans call for restoration of the depot, and part of that involves making it more visible and attractive to passers-by. Currently, the depot is hidden behind several passenger cars and a caboose. We plan to keep one of the three cars, plus the caboose as part of the display, but that leaves us with two extra passenger cars. We need to find them a new home. This is where you come in.

I have been tasked with the removal of two coach-cars which are stored in front of our depot. This board hopefully has people who may have, or know of someone who possibly has interest in obtaining these railcars.

The cars are former Great Northern and later Metro North Pullman-built commuter coaches. In their present state, neither car is rail movable at this time. They are more or less empty shells that have been re-purposed into use as a private residence, and would likely require extensive work on the trucks to make them rail movable. I have several pictures available of both inside and outside if an interested party would like to see them. I can also supply additional more specific pictures on request. You can download the pictures in this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwj20vg405tfbp6/WCHS%20Pullman%20Depot%20Railcar%20Pictures.zip?dl=0

These cars are being offered for free, with the new owner responsible for all charges relating to shipping and handling. As such, they are on a “first-come, first-served” basis. There will be no holds unless the prospective owner is willing to offer a deposit of $5000, which will be fully refunded upon proof of arrangements for car removal.

If you or someone you know are interested, please contact me at 208-301-0487 at your earliest convenience so we may discuss possibilities and options. If I do not answer, please leave a message and I will return your call ASAP.

Thank-you.

John-Mark Mahnkey

Attachments:
Car 1 and 2.jpg
Car 1 and 2.jpg [ 246.71 KiB | Viewed 4633 times ]

Post subject: Re: Railcars Offered
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:52 pm 

I'm a friend of John's and working with him on the project. Here is a post I made a while back with detail shots of the cars.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42148