It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: LS&I 21 is moved to Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:34 pm 

It's interesting this locomotive comes up as the future of both LS&I #18 and LS&I #20 are now in doubt with the liquidation of the IPH assets. Hopefully both survive and become either static display or operational pieces at some point in the near future.

Robert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:54 pm 

Les Beckman wrote:
Tom -

So do either the tender or the flat car sit on that siding, or even on rail? And does the spur go into the Rollex (or ex-Rollex) building?

Les

Les, there was nothing to keep anybody from walking around back there, so I did spend a little time poking around. Weeds were cut back in places and I believe that neither the tender or flat sits on live rail. The existing spur does not enter the former Rollex Bldg. Their company sign is no longer on the building, it was there in 2014 when I used to walk by.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 pm 

The locomotive frame and boiler for this locomotive are located in Oak Creek, WI north of Drexel Ave in an industrial area on private property. I have not been able to see it from the road. I only live about ten minutes away and hope the next time someone visits I can get in to take some photos. I do not know what the current state is.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:42 am 

mmichaud wrote:
The locomotive frame and boiler for this locomotive are located in Oak Creek, WI north of Drexel Ave in an industrial area on private property. I have not been able to see it from the road. I only live about ten minutes away and hope the next time someone visits I can get in to take some photos. I do not know what the current state is.

Mike

There appears to be what looks like a locomotive boiler and frame stored behind Steelwind Industries. Is that the location you refer to? The Google Earth imagery is dated for 2018.

The "boiler" seems to match with how the locomotive looked like in 2002. (Eddie Gross Photo): http://www.railroadmichigan.com/steamlsi21.jpg

Attachments:
boiler4.PNG
boiler4.PNG [ 129.43 KiB | Viewed 2414 times ]
frame2.PNG
frame2.PNG [ 342.69 KiB | Viewed 2414 times ]