It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maine Two-footer Winter Photo Specials 2020
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 am 

Maine Two-footer Winter Photo Specials Set in 2020

ALNA, Maine -- The Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway, Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company, Boothbay Railway Village and Maine Locomotive and Machine Works are proud to offer a major photographic event: Maine Two-Foot Winter 2020. It will be The Grand Reunion of equipment, much of which hasn't been together in nearly a century.

The gathering will take place at the Wiscasset Waterville & Farmington Railway at Sheepscot Station, Alna, Maine. The event will take place on January 18-19 and February 6-7, 2020. Four steam locomotives will be featured, as well as a special collection of passenger equipment, including the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad parlor car "Rangeley."

The recent collaboration of the Maine Narrow Gauge and WW&F Railway which brings several gems of two-footer preservation to the WW&F's Sheepscot campus, in addition to the relative ease with which the smaller and lighter locomotives and cars can be moved, makes this event possible, along with the cooperation of Maine Locomotive & Machine and Boothbay Railway Village.

The steam locomotives scheduled are Wiscasset Waterville & Farmington No. 9, Bridgton & Saco River Railroad No. 7, Monson Railroad No. 3, and S.D. Warren Co. No. 2. No. 7 is the one of the largest surviving Maine two-footer locomotives, while No. 2 is the smallest.

Passenger equipment, in addition to "Rangeley," will include Franklin & Megantic coach No. 2, B&SR coach No. 16 "Mount Pleasant," Wiscasset & Quebec coach No. 3, and SR&RL combine No. 14. Freight equipment from the Sandy River, B&SR and WW&F will also be featured.

Each of the 3 original railroads represented by this equipment will be highlighted for historically-based photographic opportunities all weekend. Ticketholders will have full two-day access, which commences with firing up the steam locomotives at 6:00 AM Saturday. The operating program will be divided into morning and afternoon segments for each day, each segment highlighting different original Maine two-foot railroads including the B&SR, Monson, and WW&F railroads.

In addition to all the WW&F's hot photographic locations, we will have some limited and special opportunities to explore the WW&F's new "Mountain Extension," a prime and beautiful example of narrow gauge engineering from the 1890s. Attendance is limited to 25 each weekend, with the two-day pass price of $400. Tickets are available through wwfrytickets.simpletix.com

Two special add-ons are also available. The first add-on is the "SR&RL" Friday, for $150, where WW&F 9 will be backdated to represent its days as SR&RL No. 6. The SR&RL Parlor Car Rangeley will be taken out, along with F&M coach 2, SR&RL combine 14 and other equipment to round out scenes reminiscent of the largest of Maine's t two-foot gauge railways. The second opportunity is the Saturday Evening Photo Session, directed by Stephen Hussar, for $100. A spectacular Hussar session as usual, our cinematographer extraordinaire will have a lot more to work with, given the influx of equipment as a result of our current partnerships

http://forum.wwfry.org/index.php

Post subject: Re: Maine Two-footer Winter Photo Specials 2020
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:17 pm 

I've done one of these winter photos specials before. They do a fine job and the folks in Maine are wonderful. I'll be there and give this event two thumbs up.

Maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 pm 

Is this event no longer taking place? I have had no luck in reaching an ordering page through the ticketing website.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:20 pm 

The Grand Reunion is absolutely taking place. It will be a spectacular event.
Unfortunately, we've had some issues with our ticketing system.

You should now be able to order tickets for the Jan 17-19 dates at:
https://wwfrytickets.simpletix.com/e/44025

The February 7-9 dates are sold out, but you can sign up for the waiting list, also at the same link.

Email me at ed.lecuyer@wwfry.org if you still can not get tickets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 am 

Thank you, but it turns out to be my computer giving me problems. Similarly, while trying to book a hotel, I got into a loop of hell where I could not book into the system. It kept opening another search window. I hope to resolve this somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:32 am 

Due to a cancellation, there are now two tickets available for the February 7-9, 2020 photo charter on the WW&F!

When this photo special was announced, the February dates sold out very quickly. Now is you chance to get in on the fun.

Attendance is limited to 25 participants. While no roads will be closed during our event, no portion of the WW&F right-of-way is accessible from public vantage points, guaranteeing a unique and unforgettable romp through the snow.

Special guests under steam will not only include Monson Locomotive 3, but Bridgeton and Saco River locomotive #7 - its first visit to the photogenic and historic WW&F railway. Static displays will also include B&SR #8 - just arrived on the WW&F rails from its long (and virtually inaccessible) slumber.

Get your tickets NOW at:
https://wwfrytickets.simpletix.com/e/44025