Post subject: Re: IPH equipment for sale by Ozark Railcar
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:39 pm 

Alright, who bought it?

Attachments:
sp1744j.PNG
sp1744j.PNG [ 176.8 KiB | Viewed 13039 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:38 am 

It's going in my front yard. What can I say?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:56 pm 

davew833 wrote:
It's going in my front yard. What can I say?

Liar! It's going in MY back yard! :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:44 am 

The Dartmoor Railway operation in the UK was placed in Administration yesterday, which presumably means there werent any takers after it was offered for sale.
Quite what the future holds for them isn't known, though haven't seen anything about the other IP operation here, the Weardale Railway, so far. I believe the IP involvement was different in the two operations, which could be why they are not in Administration yet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:58 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
70000 wrote:
The Dartmoor Railway operation in the UK was placed in Administration yesterday,

I.E. the equivalent of "bankruptcy," for those in the States.......

Quote:
Going into administration is when a company becomes insolvent and is put under the management of Licensed Insolvency Practitioners. The directors and the secured lenders can appoint administrators through a court process in order to protect the company and their position as much as possible.

Administration is a very powerful process for gaining control, when a company is has serious cashflow problems, is insolvent and facing serious threats from creditors. The Court may appoint a licensed insolvency practitioner as administrator. This places a moratorium around the company and stops all legal actions.

The administration must have a purpose and the Government encourages the use of company rescue mechanisms after administration.

Under the administration option, it is possible for the company and its directors (or a creditor like the bank) to apply to the court to put the company into administration through a streamlined process, by applying to the High Court.

However, the law requires that any finance provider (like a bank or lender), with the appropriate security, is contacted and the aims of the administration be discussed and approved. The finance provider must have a fixed and floating charge (usually under a debenture) and the charge holder will need to give permission for the process to go ahead. Five days clear notice is required.

https://www.companyrescue.co.uk/guides- ... istration/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:58 pm 

Seven of the GP40FH's were just listed on Ozark Mountain Railcar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:04 pm 

LS&I #20 has been sold.

Attachments:
87848691_10221036808931183_5226568938275471360_n.jpg
87848691_10221036808931183_5226568938275471360_n.jpg [ 60.8 KiB | Viewed 10806 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:22 am 

Posted on Facebook an hour ago:

SOUTHERN PACIFIC #1744 RETURNS HOME TO CALIFORNIA’s NILES CANYON RAILWAY

The Pacific Locomotive Association (PLA) is proud to announce that we have purchased and are returning a native Bay Area steam locomotive, the Southern Pacific #1744, to be rebuilt for operation on the Niles Canyon Railway. The 2-6-0 Mogul built by Baldwin in 1901 operated for many years out of Oakland on the SP Western Division and in California’s Central Valley where the Moguls were fondly called “Valley Mallets” (pronounced “Malleys”) by their crews. The locomotive was made famous in later years by operating on several of the last steam railfan excursions on the Southern Pacific. After many years of operating around the United States, the #1744 is returning home to once again operate through Niles Canyon on the last leg of the Transcontinental Railroad.

After retirement from service on the SP in 1958, the locomotive operated at the Heber Valley Railroad, moved to Texas and was restored for a brief period of operation in New Orleans. Iowa Pacific bought the locomotive and ran it on the San Luis & Rio Grande over Colorado’s La Veta Pass in tourist service during 2007 until it was sidelined with boiler issues. The locomotive was disassembled, boiler work started and then stopped. The locomotive has sat disassembled since 2008 with the boiler moving from Alabama to Texas and then back to Colorado during this time.

The Pacific Locomotive Association is currently in the process of gathering the pieces together in Colorado for shipment. The boiler will be sent to a contract shop for repairs while the rest of the locomotive will be shipped home to Niles Canyon. The PLA plan to return the #1744 to service will not be a quick or inexpensive proposition but we are looking forward to the future when she will once again steam on the Niles Canyon Railway. The non-profit all volunteer heritage railway encourages donations to help return this classic Southern Pacific Steam Locomotive to service. Please visit our Steam Website at http://plasteam.ncry.org/SP1744/historic.html to donate towards the restoration, see more information about the locomotive’s history and future progress updates as the rebuild begins. You may also donate to this project right here on our Facebook site as well. Your help is appreciated!

Photo links (from press release):

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5E97C996

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5E996635

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5E92C8F8

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5E9417E7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:27 am 

Niles is going to be a great home for 1744! Glad to hear the news.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:01 pm 

Where is the LS&I locomotive going? Is it going back east?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:05 pm 

NS 3322 wrote:
LS&I #20 has been sold.
Nelson Acosta has posted an October 14, 2020 photograph of #20 on display in Allen, Texas:
Railpictures.net #751034

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:56 am 

As I was looking at Ozark today, E8s 807 and 808 along with F7s 787, 788, and 9163 have been reduced since I last looked (about a week or two ago).

Attachments:
Ozark cut prices.png
Ozark cut prices.png [ 184.99 KiB | Viewed 6124 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:43 pm 

Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
LOTS of active discussion on condition, pricing, etc. (some of it even accurate and useful!) here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AOTTORC ... 412084879/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:12 pm 

787 and 788 were on the Minnesota Zephyr train near St. Paul (I sampled it in below zero weather around New Years 1998-9), both were nearly scrapped because the city wanted that stuff out of there, 787 is ex-SP&S, 788 is ex-C&NW. Descriptions on Ozark's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ozarkmountainrailcar "EMD F7A #787 Locomotive FOR SALE/LEASE Price Reduced #ozarkmountainrailcar This locomotive is sold free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and is currently owned by a private lender. Built circa 1950 for the Spokane, Portland & Seattle Railroad, eventually retired and sold into private ownership. Some of the unit details include: Fair body, fair to thin wheels, oil bearings, locomotive needs restoration. 24 brake, block heater, as built control stand, 657-BC... Click to view complete listing." "EMD F7A Locomotive #788 FOR SALE/LEASE Price Reduced #ozarkmountainrailcar This locomotive is sold free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and is currently owned by a private lender. Contact us for lease rates, please provide location, length of lease, how many days a month item will be used, total mileage per month.Built circa 1950 for the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad, retired and sold into private ownership, some of the unit details include: Fair body, HEP generator (not serviceable) , Block heater, 24 Brake, as built control stand, updated wiring, 567-BC... Click to view complete listing."

Must say, if IP hadn't stepped in these units would be gone, so I won't call them "IOU Pacific" in this post. They both will need to be trucked out, absent wheel and axle bearing replacement I believe.