It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dear Moderators....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 pm 

I would appreciate an explanation as to why after TWO pages, you decided to completely delete the thread from yesterday. It's especially troubling because I asked a very important question which I feel needs to be answered or at least discussed. I did make an attempt to contact one of you, the one who deleted the thread, and have received no answer. A little clarification would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Dear Moderators....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:45 pm 

Check the “railfanning” section. I believe the thread you’re looking for has been moved.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:53 pm 

So how does one get to this alleged "Railfanning" section? I have heard about this for years but have never seen an icon to click.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:58 pm 

From here on the Interchange: Above left where it says “Board Index>>Railway Preservation News>>Interchange”, click the “Railway Preservation News” part. That will get you to the index with Railfanning”.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:00 pm 

Unfortunately no one has updated the links in the RYPN website to give anyone an easy way to get there.

The only way I know of is found above the forum name on the left edge. Below your profile info you will see a line that says:
Board index » Railway Preservation News » Interchange
with your cursor hit the `Railway Preservation News' text and it will bring you up a level in the forums where Classified, Interchange and Railfan are shown as forum directories.

This website needs a little TLC.

Take care,
Rich C.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:56 pm 

Here's a direct link to the Railfanning forum:
http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:13 pm 

Bring it back here. It is important and nothing else over there is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:29 pm 

That’s where the Coast Guard Cutter Taney name change topic went too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:49 pm 

Dave wrote:
Bring it back here. It is important and nothing else over there is.

Here here! The relevant question is still on the table, and the people who MOST need to see and respond to it generally do not venture over to that side. It should be moved back with all possible speed. This topic IS about railroad preservation and interpretation, and should be here, despite what some might think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:04 pm 

Ordinarily, I don't suppose I'd do this. One of my goals has been to keep political drivel out of the Interchange, and believe me, drivel comes from all points on the political spectrum.

I think, personally, that the topic was a waste of electrons. I believe that its presence detracts from the Interchange. And as soon as this post is complete, I shall move the topic back to the interchange.

After its back you may all feel free to flog your dead political horses to your hearts' content. I won't interfere. Have fun, and try not to leave blood and gore in the aisles.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:51 am 

Wow! I've been a member of this forum for 16 years, and this is the first time I have ever heard of the "railfanning" forum.. never knew it existed until today!

(I always get to this forum, the "interchange" forum, by going straight to rypn.org, the main page, then clicking on the "interchange" link there.. I never knew RYPN had more than one forum, I always believed there was just this one forum for the site..huh..)

Im not complaining, just making an observation. ;)

Scot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:19 am 

I have never had a problem finding it though I never go there {rail fanning area}. I occasionally look at the classifieds and there it is. I have three choices and classified and rail fanning is right there next to "interchange". Not trying to stir the pot but it is really not that unavailable. Two clicks and your there?

Regards, John.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:50 pm 

John Risley wrote:
I have never had a problem finding it though I never go there {rail fanning area}. I occasionally look at the classifieds and there it is. I have three choices and classified and rail fanning is right there next to "interchange". Not trying to stir the pot but it is really not that unavailable. Two clicks and your there?

I don't really care which forum something is posted in.

I always login to RYPN and simply use the "View new posts" link. That link lists all threads with new posts (since I last logged in) regardless of forum. If something looks interesting I read it.