It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: East Broadtop railroad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:54 pm 

folks,
For the steam side of things I am interested in the narrow gauge. So I am just blown away by all the work the new Foundation is doing! I just saw a video showing the #8 and #14 stripped all the way down to the boilers for re-building.

One wood passenger car is getting repaired by the Strasburg shops and another SR Shop crew is working on another car at Orbisinia. Well done folks!

They are putting down ties and ballast as well. I just sent a membership to the Friends of the EBT.

Both Facebook and You tube are running the videos.
Watch, Enjoy and Contribute!

Ted Miles, narrow gauge fan

Post subject: Re: East Broadtop railroad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:51 pm 

ted66 wrote:
folks,
For the steam side of things I am interested in the narrow gauge. So I am just blown away by all the work the new Foundation is doing! I just saw a video showing the #8 and #14 stripped all the way down to the boilers for re-building.

One wood passenger car is getting repaired by the Strasburg shops and another SR Shop crew is working on another car at Orbisinia. Well done folks!

They are putting down ties and ballast as well. I just sent a membership to the Friends of the EBT.

I follow EBT on several forums as well, and I'm pretty sure you're mistaken in a few things. Engines 14 and 16 are being rebuilt; As a locomotive EBT #8 hasn't been a thing since 1913, but there is the is a coach with that number that is seeing some heavy work being done to it. As for the the car repairs the official FB page made it clear all work was being done on property by either the FEBT or the in house staff, and with advice and elbow grease from Linn Moedinger who used to work for Strasburg

Last edited by hullmat991 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:22 am 

hullmat991 wrote:
ted66 wrote:
folks,

I follow EBT on several forums as well, and I'm pretty sure you're mistaken in a few things. Engines 14 and 16 are being rebuilt; EBT #8 hasnt been a thing since 1913. As for the the car repairs the official FB page made it clear all work was being done on property by either the FEBT or the in house staff, and with advice and elbow grease from Linn Moedinger who used to work for Strasburg

"USED to work for Strasburg?"

Good Grief! The man was President of the Strasburg!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:50 am 

Quote:

...with advice and elbow grease from Linn Moedinger who used to work as the President of the Strasburg Railroad.

There that better? Past tense is still past tense. Only put in the emphasis of "USED" due to Tim's saying of Strasburg's supposed involvement; which according to the releases on the official Facebook page is not the case.

Last edited by hullmat991 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 am 

Lincoln Penn wrote:

Linn took retirement!

I think that was about a year ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm 

Hello,

The foundation and Friends have a genuine rail preservation Obi-Wan Kenobi with this man in their midst. Under these ideal conditions, those who have the privilege and opportunity to work and learn from him should appreciate they can.

The EBT will be the beneficiary.

Regards,

Randy