It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yreka Western
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 1998 2:06 am 

A recent visit to the Yreka Western (Yreka to Montague Calif.) web page revealed they have canceled their 1999 season. This conflicts with other information supposedly garnerd from The Tourist Ry Association tha says the line "has been put up for abandonment". Does any one know any first hand information?<br>

pwtraubert@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Yreka Western
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 1998 1:50 pm 

Pat,<br> The line is up for abandonment, already filed and approved HOWEVER!! this doesn't mean the scrapper is already signed on. A few offers have been made, but I believe at this time there is only one on the table, and it is probably a long shot, but I hope eternal! Trouble is, the depot/service area is next to the freeway, and intersection, so is "Prime" real estate, also the Steam Loco, 19, is attractive to at least 4 other railroads. <br> If the YW folds, I hope 19 at least gets to stay in Siskiyou county--she's nearly a native!<br>Steamcerely,<br>David D.<br>Native Siskiyouian ( the center of the Great State of Jefferson!)<br>

djdewey@cncnet.com

Post subject: Re: Yreka Western
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 1998 6:01 am 

Thanks. I got to see the 19 run in 1992. YW is kind of a favorite since I was born in Yreka - a long way from Texas where I am now.<br><br>