It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fox River Trolley Museum
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 1998 9:38 pm 

Hello to all,<br>The Fox River Trolley Museum, located in South Elgin, Illinois<br>(about 35 miles west of Chicago) is looking for interested people to join the organization and volunteer their time.<p>I am the head of the car department, and as such am responsible for the ongoing repairs and restorations of our collection of 29 cars. Our collection includes cars from the North Shore Line, the South Shore Line, the Chicago Aurora & Elgin, the Chicago rapid transit system and the Chicago Street Rwys. All of our equipment is trolley equipment with the exception of a few freight cars and a 1948 Whitcomb 70 ton diesel locomotive. <p>We can use any and all help, no previous knowledge or experience is needed, we'll be glad to teach you as we go along.<br>As well as the car department, we can also use help with the other aspects of the museum as well, track work, operations, groundskeeping, promotions, etc.<p>Anyone interested can come out to the museum. We're open weekends from 11 to 5. We're located on Rte 31 in South Elgin, just south of the downtown area, right next to the river.<br>Or you can contact me at FoxValley@aol.com<p>Come out and find what a pleasure it can be working at a smaller museum. Our apprenticeships last minutes not days !<p>Hope to see you soon.<p>John Cloos/FRTM<br>

FoxValley@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Fox River Trolley Museum
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 1998 8:46 pm 

I have your museum to thank for instigating my continued involvement in trolley museums (presently, PA Trolley Museum)for the last 30+ years. You were called RELIC, and the Fox River Electric Co was still in operation and the museum group "payed our keep" by replacing ties for that short line. It is a great hobby that I heartily recommend, and hope for your success in recruiting new members!<br>

frankr@ieee.org