It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Partnerships
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 1998 8:20 am 

I have a question that you folks may be able to help me with. Are there currently partnerships involving transportation authorities and nonprofits, where the nonprofit owns a station and the authority utilizes it for an intermodal center? If so, can you give some examples? Also, did these partnerships encounters any difficulties? Ok, so it was more than one question, sorry.<p>Thanks,<br>Gerry K.<br>

HOTTSHOT65@AOL.COM

Post subject: Re: Partnerships
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 1998 6:36 pm 

I don't know if intermodal is an apropriate word, but in Salisbury, NC, the local historic preservation organization owns the railroad depot which is also used by AMTRAK as a tenant, as well as some office space.<p>Dave<br>

lathro19@idt.net

Post subject: Re: Partnerships
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 1998 9:43 am 

I wonder if this group is a 501(c)(3) organization. I would suspect that Amtrak pays a tenant fee or contributed to the restoration.<p>Thanks<br>

hottshot65@aol.com

Post subject: La Mesa Depot
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 1998 4:19 pm 

we went against the Trolley's request to establish a Trolley stop at the site of the La Mesa Depot. We wanted it to be original as it was. The Trolley built a trolley stop across the street. It's nice to spend time at the depot and watch the trolley's go by. The upkeep at the depot is easier too - no ware and tear.<br>

bigjiml@home.com

Post subject: Re: La Mesa Depot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 1998 8:27 pm 

used for museum purposes - it has equipment on display and has a complete ticket/station agent office inside, along with local railroad photos, etc.<br>

bigjiml@home.com