It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Escanaba & Lake Superior 14
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:04 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
At Wells, Michigan, 10/2/56:

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... ls14_2.jpg


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Escanaba & Lake Superior 14
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:07 am
Posts: 737
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Now Arcade & Attica's #14, nah?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Escanaba & Lake Superior 14
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:16 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:36 pm
Posts: 139
How do you find these? I went to the website and tried to find a picture but there seems to be no way to search.

_________________
Robin


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: ABPR photos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:39 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
There is a search feature on the ABPR, but it is of little use if the caption reads something like "Hey Jimmy, how do you like this one?", which some do. There is no index, so it is a matter of going through each day and looking for something interesting, of which there is much mixed in with mundane modern stuff. Each day will usually have 10-15 historic photos, out of 100-200 recent ones.

I simply download the thumbnails for a specific day and zip though them, making notes in a small notebook about things I might want to find again. Thus far, I'm into July 2006. When I find something pertinent to preservation, such as a steam locomotive that still exists today, I post a link. Occasionally, I'll post a photo of something that is long gone just because it is a nice or rare picture. After all, photography is a form of preservation too.

As I'm still a working conductor that is gone more than home, this is a small way I can contribute to the preservation movement. I've posted a flood of links recently as I was on a week's vacation, but I'm back to work at 1700 today..


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: