It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ET&WNC 208
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:56 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
Switching at Elizabethton, TN in August 1960:

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... TN8-60.jpg

One of the two RS3s Southern Railway traded for the 207 and 208:

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... -73CGP.jpg


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ET&WNC 208
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:58 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 2696
Location: Pac NW, via North Florida
That's 207, former Southern 630, and went back to that number with the SRR steam program. The photo looks like the North American Rayon siding, where there was a Porter Fireless 0-6-0 (North American Rayon # 1) still working the interchange. The grad crossing behind the tank cars is for the driveway into the office area of the plant, which is largely gone today. 630 is still around, at Chattanooga pending restoration. I was lucky enough to get a cab ride on her in 1982 (I think) at TVRM. The Porter is still around as well. I was lucky enough to get a cab hop in that engine as well, about the same timeframe as my 630 cab ride. My folks are from Elizabethton, so I know the area very well.
RS-3s #209 and 210 were both Central of Georgia engines. They wound up stored outside of Elizabethton for some time. 209 was scrapped but 210 is also at Chattanooga, and will probably be restored in it's former C of G livery. I have some photos of both of them on the dead line around my house somewhere, taken in the early 1980s.
Here are links on those engines I mentioned, 630 and Porter # 1:
http://www.steamlocomotive.info/valbum.cfm?display=1140
http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomo ... splay=1145


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: