It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: B&M 3713
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:39 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
No date or place, but probably last excursion in 1956:

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... anColl.jpg


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: B&M 3713
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:15 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:38 am
Posts: 1013
Location: Philadelphia
I just touched her the other day, strange to think she might breathe before 1361. Will be wonderful to see a baby Lima on the road after all this "super power."

Joshua


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: B&M 3713
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:59 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:50 am
Posts: 489
Location: Columbia, MD
Joshua,

With her dimensions, I cannot call her a "baby." Although she is nowhere near the size of an Allegheny, she is a substantial piece of locomotion. I am very much looking forward to seeing her in steam again for a very personal reason.

Four years ago, I lost one of my best friends who was a fan of B&M steam. He was aware of her restoration, and was very enthusiastic about the project. When I delivered the eulogy at his funeral, I promised that when she hit the road, I would be at trackside to cheer for the both of us. It is a promise that I intend to keep for Will MacPherson and myse

Kevin


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: B&M 3713
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:57 am 

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:30 pm
Posts: 187
Location: NH Shoreline
What's the latest status of this project? While the locomotive getting worked on right next to her has been a lightning rod for attention, no one ever says boo about 3713. The L&WV website appears to be woefully out of date in addition throws 404 errors for any page linked off the main page. The only time I ever see any updates is at the Springfield train show, which I unfortunately missed this year. Not asking the infamous question of "when" here, just curious as to the status. Is this project continuing to move forward?


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: