It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:53 am 

hello,
this post is in response to 2 recent posts looking for former LV items to display.
(Pittston PA and Mendon NY)
I was going to just email the representatives from both groups, but thought it might be better to make a public post, so lots of people can see it..

I have been building and maintaining the "Lehigh Valley Railroad Survivors" web page, just started it this year.With all the help I have recieved from the railfan community, (including this forum!),and as a result of building the page, I have learned of several former LVRR locomotives that still exist that are NOT in operating condition that would make excellent museum static displays!
There is a Alco S2 in Buffalo.
2 Alco C-420s are dead in Indiana.
Several of the U23Bs are missing, probably not-operating.
there are several dead EMD switchers out there..
all original LVRR engines! :)

right now there are only 3 LV engines preserved.
the RS3M and 2 of the C420s..
I would love to get more LV engines saved and repainted! even if they are arent going to operate. Imagine 2 C420s sitting in Mendon or Pittston! :)

My page also contains a list of known LV cabooses, quite a lot of them still out there!
If there is anything I can do to help in any LV preservation, please let me know! and im always looking for new info on LV survivors..(especially those 8 missing U-boats! ;)

thanks,
Scot Lawrence
Rochester, NY


LVRR Survivors
sscotsman@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:44 pm 

I didn't notice it on your web page (maybe I looked in the wrong place), but LV SW-9 no. 282 (Conrail 8933; Everett Railroad 8933; Huntsville & Madison County Railroad 8933) is alive and well in Huntsville, Alabama. I just operated this locomotive today.

Alan Maples

AMaples@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:36 pm 

There's a LV SW-1 in its original LV paint out of service in Tennessee some place.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:12 am 

> I didn't notice it on your web page (maybe I
> looked in the wrong place), but LV SW-9 no.
> 282 (Conrail 8933; Everett Railroad 8933;
> Huntsville & Madison County Railroad
> 8933) is alive and well in Huntsville,
> Alabama. I just operated this locomotive
> today.

> Alan Maples

Alan,
thats one I was looking for!
I had her listed as a possible survivor, but hadnt confirmed her status or location..
thanks for finding another LV engine! :)
I will get the page updated with this information..
(any chance you could email me a current photo?
I would love to include it with 282's information..I would give you full credit of course! :)
thanks,
Scot



sscotsman@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lehigh Valley locomotives for Display
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:30 am 

> There's a LV SW-1 in its original LV paint
> out of service in Tennessee some place.

Mike,
yep, I already have her listed, She is LV 112, is (or was) in Rockwood, TN.
I just heard she was bought by a private individual, but I dont know who or what the plans for her are..
but she seems "safe" for now anyway!
Scot

sscotsman@yahoo.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: