It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: MIDH 91
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:36 pm 

It is 2:30pm Eastern as I post, and I have just received word from the M&H Railroad General Manager that MIDH #91 has a fire in the box and is now making steam.

Her first run open to the public will be Saturday, Aug. 9, 12 noon. Her inaugural run, reserved for donors, supporters, press, and friends, is earlier that morning, 9:30 I believe.

smzarick@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIDH 91
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:59 pm 

Steve;

Thanks for these posts, btw. I *really* like these CNR E10a locomotives.

Do you know what/when her planned schedule will be for the rest of August? I'll be in the area at the end of August, but might not be able to make it on a weekend.

Thanks;

John Stewart
Ottawa, Canada.

> It is 2:30pm Eastern as I post, and I have
> just received word from the M&H Railroad
> General Manager that MIDH #91 has a fire in
> the box and is now making steam.



Ottawa CMST Shay
freewrl-1@rogers.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIDH 91
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:14 pm 

Steve;

> Thanks for these posts, btw. I *really* like
> these CNR E10a locomotives.

> Do you know what/when her planned schedule
> will be for the rest of August? I'll be in
> the area at the end of August, but might not
> be able to make it on a weekend.

> Thanks;

> John Stewart
> Ottawa, Canada.

She's supposed to run Saturdays and Sundays only.

A railroad operating schedule can be found at the link below.

SMZ


M&H Railroad
smzarick@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: MIDH 91 -- This is a change, right?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:59 pm 

> I have
> just received word from the M&H Railroad
> General Manager that MIDH #91 has a fire in
> the box and is now making steam.

> Her first run open to the public will be
> Saturday, Aug. 9, 12 noon. Her inaugural
> run, reserved for donors, supporters, press,
> and friends, is earlier that morning, 9:30 I
> believe.

Steve:

Just to confirm -- this *is* a change, correct?

All previous postings on this list, and the July 16 WHTM-TV story linked here have said that the debut is set for August 2, which is this Saturday. In the light of a multi-year overhaul, a one-week shift is insignificant, but everything here and in the local media up to this point has said Aug. 2. For me, living nearby, it doesn't make a difference, but for the benefit of anyone who was making plans to travel any distance, it would be great to re-confirm the actual date.

Dan Cupper
Harrisburg, Pa.



cupper@att.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIDH 91 -- This is a change, right?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:02 pm 

Hi, Dan:
I've been emailing with Steve this week--Aug. 9 is a typo; he probably meant to type Aug. 2 (this Sat.) as 91's debut. Their deadline is this Saturday to coincide with the M&H's 113th anniversary event.

K.R. Bell

> Steve:

> Just to confirm -- this *is* a change,
> correct?

> All previous postings on this list, and the
> July 16 WHTM-TV story linked here have said
> that the debut is set for August 2, which is
> this Saturday. In the light of a multi-year
> overhaul, a one-week shift is insignificant,
> but everything here and in the local media
> up to this point has said Aug. 2. For me,
> living nearby, it doesn't make a difference,
> but for the benefit of anyone who was making
> plans to travel any distance, it would be
> great to re-confirm the actual date.

> Dan Cupper
> Harrisburg, Pa.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIDH 91 -- Correcting mistake in previous post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:31 am 

> Hi, Dan:
> I've been emailing with Steve this
> week--Aug. 9 is a typo; he probably meant to
> type Aug. 2 (this Sat.) as 91's debut. Their
> deadline is this Saturday to coincide with
> the M&H's 113th anniversary event.

> K.R. Bell

Thanks for catching that Dan, and thanks for the correction Kurt. The first revenue runs are in fact this Saturday, August 2. My sincerest appologies. My excitement got the better of me I guess. Again, confirming, Sat. Aug. 2. Hope to see some of you there!



M&H Railroad
smzarick@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIDH 91
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:34 am 

Yesterday's fire-up went quite well, and the day was spent chasing down and fixing the various bugs and kinks associated with a first fire-up. Troubleshooting continues today, followed by break-in runs.

M&H Railroad
smzarick@hotmail.com


  
 
 Post subject: I'll be there! *NM*
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:27 am 

acp19809@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: MIDH 91
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:13 pm 

Great job guys! I rode behind her today, and chased one. It's a beauty.

> Yesterday's fire-up went quite well, and the
> day was spent chasing down and fixing the
> various bugs and kinks associated with a
> first fire-up. Troubleshooting continues
> today, followed by break-in runs.


acp19809@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: MIDH 91 -- Posting new thread above *NM* *NM*
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:00 pm 

cupper@att.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: