It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:29 am 

Hi my name is Michael Arnold and I am the 20 year old project manager on the Cosmetic Restoration of BEDT 16 at the railroad Museum of Long Island. Does anyone know if there are any Porter web sites or any information on the 16 or any of her BEDT 16 Sisters.
Thank You,
Mike Arnold

http://RMLI.org
BEDT15@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:35 am 

You could check out the link below. It has a builders photo as well as in service photos, two in color, of #16.

> Hi my name is Michael Arnold and I am the 20
> year old project manager on the Cosmetic
> Restoration of BEDT 16 at the railroad
> Museum of Long Island. Does anyone know if
> there are any Porter web sites or any
> information on the 16 or any of her BEDT 16
> Sisters.
> Thank You,
> Mike Arnold


Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal #16
belpaire@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:16 am 

> You could check out the link below. It has a
> builders photo as well as in service photos,
> two in color, of #16.

Thanks I knew about that site but thank you.

BEDT15@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:35 am 

BEDT #16 resided at the foot of my street in Williamsburg Brooklyn for years after getting kicked out of the enginehouse on Kent Ave. I used her perch as a landmark for vistors. A famous photographer friend's photo of her hangs on a wall of my office.

For those who don't already know on this list, BEDT #16 was the last steam loco in operation in New York City, 1962.

I may be able to relay some stories I've heard about this loco if you want.


janklorenzen@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: HK Porter 0-6-0t BEDT # 16
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:00 am 

> BEDT #16 resided at the foot of my street in
> Williamsburg Brooklyn for years after
> getting kicked out of the enginehouse on
> Kent Ave. I used her perch as a landmark for
> vistors. A famous photographer friend's
> photo of her hangs on a wall of my office.

> For those who don't already know on this
> list, BEDT #16 was the last steam loco in
> operation in New York City, 1962.

> I may be able to relay some stories I've
> heard about this loco if you want.

That would be great thank you

BEDT15@aol.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: