It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: little river press
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:40 pm 

anybody having problems recieving books from little river press? or is 2 months normal? still waiting for book ordered and paid for in August.



pmcfall@prodigy.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:20 pm 

> anybody having problems recieving books from
> little river press? or is 2 months normal?
> still waiting for book ordered and paid for
> in August.
I've had a book ordered since early September. Phone messages go unanswered. I hear the operation is overwhelmed since going on the net.

http://www.strasburgrailroad.com
wayne@strasburgrailroad.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:43 pm 

received email 8/17 that it would be shipped that week.

pmcfall@prodigy.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:05 pm 

> anybody having problems recieving books from
> little river press? or is 2 months normal?
> still waiting for book ordered and paid for
> in August.

I've had things disappear in the US Mail in the last year. The Postal Dept. says they'll put out a tracer and that is as far as it goes.
I've contacted the shipper and they make it good.

j.nansen@worldnet.att.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:16 am 

>Yes, I did get a return phone call about the order. They said we will look into it and see what happened, then nothing! so 2 months isn't bad compaired to my 6 months with nothing!


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:47 pm 

Im still waiting for the rest of the magazine I ordered from this guy 3 years ago. The first "issue" I got was nothing more than a newsletter with a promise of more to follow. Still waiting...... I wouldnt recommend buying anything from this guy.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:28 am 

thanks for the input - in the mean time I still need a copy of the Santa Fe enginmans book- we refer to it as the "Brown Book". its used as part of the training for fireman and engineer.

pmcfall@prodigy.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: little river press
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:30 pm 

> Im still waiting for the rest of the
> magazine I ordered from this guy 3 years
> ago. The first "issue" I got was
> nothing more than a newsletter with a
> promise of more to follow. Still
> waiting...... I wouldnt recommend buying
> anything from this guy.

I have purchased many books from Little River Press and found Ken Riddle, the owner, to be an upstanding guy. He has changed his computer programs several times over the years and at one time, maybe about a year ago, he lost some data on orders in a computer crash. I would suggest calling him and I believe he will try to make things right by you. He has supplied an awful lot of good steam technical knowledge at a reasonable price.


eselinsky@new.rr.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: